searching for music inspiration!!

Jeff Morris

hi there...

im jeff.. and basically, id like to get into dnb a bit!! i like all sorts of music.. early prodigy and their latest album... just listening to chase & status atm... which im finding good.. but im hoping you guys can point me in the right direction... im looking for dnb artist names, and hopefully ones that dont mc.. cos i dont think im as keen on mc'ing as you guys might be... (il get into that after listening to more dnb maybe)...

so if youve got any ideas of what i should dl please post below..

(btw i dl by torrent..)

heya !
welcome to the forum
i think you should definitly have a look at
hospital mix 6 and 7, check that out. really good mixes. and REALLY cheap as well.
like 3 quid.

if you have itunes, i recommend you subscribe to the dnbarena podcast
and check out shimon's and sigma's mixes. BOTH really good

Like Chloe said, check out the D&BA podcasts on Itunes, they're free..they'll usually say whether there is an MC in the mix or not. But as Chloe told me before, they newest ones haven't had MCs. But yeah, check out mixes, and you can see in the tracklistin's what ya might want to get for singles,etc...
In my opinion, most Dnb that is good isn't really "mainstream"...usually big labels in the mainstream want you to make a sound that "they" think will sell, so the producer's usually have to change their sound to accomadate the label. Look more into the non-mainstream, ya' might find some stuff there that will surprise ya'..pz & welcome to dnbforum.

"cos i dont think im as keen on mc'ing as you guys might be..."
You'd be surprised how many people consider the mc ruins the tune.
Welcome to the forum btw, what sort of dnb you into?

welcome.......
if your into chace and status take a listen to subfocus he is one of my favorites i also like calyx and teebee and noisia isent to bad b8ut the way i found what i liked was geting my hands on anything and listning to it lol hope this helped

thanks for the responce people... il listen to a few of those bands and let you know what i think....

im also glad that not everyone likes mc'ing so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom