@SDM and Triple M, how'd the six deck set go??

Yeah we felt it was OK, it was a little different to our usual setup so we didn't feel it went as well as it could have.

We were futher away than we usually were from each other aswell, which meant commuication between us was a little sparse. Which led to some cuts in the wrong places etc.

But, the crowd seemed to really enjoy it, we got to show off all our new tunes, and we had some nice comments from the backstage/Valve crew so it's all good!

Roll on BreakNeck #8, it's going to be dirrrty :slayer:

Just to let every one know aswell, we do not practice the 6 deck thing outside of BreakNeck (no facilities to do so), so we are learning and bettering ourselves each month. Big up to all those who support what we are trying to do :thumbsup:

Dito to everything SDM just said... Breakneck#8 we should be back to our usual 6 deck set-up which both enjoy doing at every event!

Still, was great fun doing the 6 dex thing on the Valve.. which i think is a first! (or from wot ive seen anyways)

Looking forward to the next one! big up everyone for their positive comments :)

I tried for like 4-5 month's with a mate to tag-team with 2 mixers and 4 decks and we just couldn't communicate well enough. Its the eq's we had most problem with, he would always send the treble up flying just as I was bringing in a tune or he'd ramp up the volume of a tune as I was mixing out.

As much as we told each other to not make these mistake's the next time we'd do the exact opposite!!

This was all at home and we couldn't do it,

Much respect for playing out with 6 and only practising when your there!!! I don't even have the confidence to play out with 2 let alone 6!!!

Please post up audio sometime though, i'm intrigued to hear a six deck set!!!!!!!!

Big up Triple M and SDM :2thumbs:

MC Motion said:
I tried for like 4-5 month's with a mate to tag-team with 2 mixers and 4 decks and we just couldn't communicate well enough. Its the eq's we had most problem with, he would always send the treble up flying just as I was bringing in a tune or he'd ramp up the volume of a tune as I was mixing out.

As much as we told each other to not make these mistake's the next time we'd do the exact opposite!!

This was all at home and we couldn't do it,

Much respect for playing out with 6 and only practising when your there!!! I don't even have the confidence to play out with 2 let alone 6!!!

Please post up audio sometime though, i'm intrigued to hear a six deck set!!!!!!!!

Big up Triple M and SDM :2thumbs:
Cheers mang, there is an old set of ours on the BreakNeck web site, but I feel that we have got even better since that one!

Hopefully we'll get a proper recording sorted for October's BreakNeck :)

DJ cK said:
^^ Maybe I can be of service :cool:
That's what I had in mind, if you can defo do it I'll have a word with BreakNeck crewz. Plus you can review aswell if you like! :)

I can't say definately at this point... well ya never can really, but I'm definately up for it.
HOPEFULLY I'll have passed my driving test by that time, in which case, I WILL be there, otherwise pending but chances are if I have to I'll train it ;)

And yeah, as I've said before I can get them out swiftly, good sets I don't put on layaway (crap ones on the other hand... :P)

More big ups needed.........

Very impressive...no practice, but fucking tore the roof off....I thought you boys were Andy C at one point!! Ha ha!!!

Definately need to get the Breaknecks recorded and up on the site.....What about tape packs???????

These events keep Portsmouth on the map, keep it going!!!

TooEZ said:
More big ups needed.........

Very impressive...no practice, but fucking tore the roof off....I thought you boys were Andy C at one point!! Ha ha!!!

Definately need to get the Breaknecks recorded and up on the site.....What about tape packs???????

These events keep Portsmouth on the map, keep it going!!!
Cheers for the comments Max, big up!

Tape packs or CDs sound good to me :)

I'm going to phone up Stef today about Mission, see if we can get that sorted aswell.

Back
Top Bottom