screen resolution!! help!!!

hankevans83

jump up production!!
ok so heres my problem since i got my pc a few weeks ago runing xp pro the screen resolution has been on 800x600...i think thats right??
anyways everything is really big and ive tryed the usuall setting moving the slider to 1024x sumthing whitch is standard i think?? but when i hit apply my screen starts violently shacking and ime forced to undo the changes!!
ive tryed it on another screen and that just goes pitch black!!

after searching the web ime kinda overwhelmed by the 10000000s of different posts
from ppl who seem to know a hell of a lot more about pc's than me!
anyway it seems likely from what ive read its a driver issue???
now ive done a quick search for missing drivers and it seems ime missing around 12 of them!

my video card graphics card or whatever is intergrated on the motherboard.... tho i havent a clue what ime talking about here!! lol
i dont have a copy of windows xp to reformat so i have to try and fix what i already have right???

anyway ime really hoping somone will come to my rescue becuase ive got sum new vst,s pluggins that i cant use all the functions in becuase i cant fit them on my screen and this is really frustrating as ime desperate to try these z3ta=/massive/ohmicide pluggins!

this is all i know about my pc/motherboard ass i opoend it up and had a peek inside!

its a microstar ms-6524 whith intergrated video card (vga) thingy!

basicaly my knowledge of pc,s is slim to none and i dont wanna spend the next 6 weeks learning either!!
i just wanna have a normal fuctioning screen thats all???
hope sumone here can help me sort this stupid thing out!!

thanx!!!

ok so i downloaded this and unziped it do my desktop!!
so any ideas what to do with it now as its just a bunch well.......stuff to me! 9 folders 3 winrar icons, setup stuff , text documents???

i mean all these files and thing have to go somwhere right???

cheers for ya help tho BUD!!

well ive got 2 tryed it on both!!
1st monitor lg flatron L1800p
2nd is a lenovo dunno what make exactly but its black lol
the lg shakes violantly when the screen resolution is changed!
and the lenovo just switches completely off???

ok but i have a new problem now??
everything is back to normal except there are 2 pluggins that wont fit on my screen?? native instruments massive is well fucking MASSIVE?? so too is ohm force ohmicide???
ive seen these pluggins in action on youtube and when subfocus shows how to use massive it clearly fits on his screen!!
same too with ohmicide i just cant see the bottom few knobs and buttons?? wtf??

ok but i have a new problem now??
everything is back to normal except there are 2 pluggins that wont fit on my screen?? native instruments massive is well fucking MASSIVE?? so too is ohm force ohmicide???
ive seen these pluggins in action on youtube and when subfocus shows how to use massive it clearly fits on his screen!!
same too with ohmicide i just cant see the bottom few knobs and buttons?? wtf??

What is your screen resolution? You need to make it higher by the sounds of it.

well i was missing some drivers for a while and it was stuck on 800x600 is it??? anyways i got it fixed now my res is on 1024x678 or summat which im sure is the right/standard size?
if i change screen res any higher i get a cinema screen like effect where both bottom and top of screen is black with just a narrow band in the middle!
i honestly think my resolution is fine as i dont have to pan around websites anymore! besides making fl studio any smaller would be a ball ache in the pianno roll and playlist? i just dont know???

1024 is pretty low, and was a standard resolution about ten years ago. Most netbooks and ultrasmall laptops can manage that these days. More modern PCs and monitors should be able to three or four stages higher that that even. If your computer isnt giving you the option to push the resolution higher, then it is likely a driver issue. An integrated graphics card driver will normally be supplied with the motherboard driver bundle. Download the appropriate pack from Asus or whoever made the motherboard (you can probably see the motherboard version printed on it).

If you can for instance choose a resolution of 1920x1080 but the monitor goes really fuzzy or switches off, then you know it's the monitor that cannot support such a high resolution.

Really, 1024 is pretty pathetic by todays standards. I'm pretty sure that Massive is at least that size.

The higher the resolution goes, the more stuff you can have on your screen at once, but eventually the picture quality will start to suffer (fuzzy, flickers, etc) as you reach the limits of what your monitor hardware can achieve. It's about finding a balance, but if a new pc and monitor is stuck at 1024 then you got something seriously wrong somewhere.

Yeah innovine is spot on...

either you still have a graphics driver issue, or your screen is too old to handle higher resolutions.

Massive does take up a large space on the screen and wont fit too well on 1024 x 768.

how old is your PC and how old is your monitor?

If you have the make and model of your pc I will see if I can find the latest driver. Unless thats already what you put on?

1024 is pretty low, and was a standard resolution about ten years ago. Most netbooks and ultrasmall laptops can manage that these days. More modern PCs and monitors should be able to three or four stages higher that that even. If your computer isnt giving you the option to push the resolution higher, then it is likely a driver issue. An integrated graphics card driver will normally be supplied with the motherboard driver bundle. Download the appropriate pack from Asus or whoever made the motherboard (you can probably see the motherboard version printed on it).

If you can for instance choose a resolution of 1920x1080 but the monitor goes really fuzzy or switches off, then you know it's the monitor that cannot support such a high resolution.

Really, 1024 is pretty pathetic by todays standards. I'm pretty sure that Massive is at least that size.

The higher the resolution goes, the more stuff you can have on your screen at once, but eventually the picture quality will start to suffer (fuzzy, flickers, etc) as you reach the limits of what your monitor hardware can achieve. It's about finding a balance, but if a new pc and monitor is stuck at 1024 then you got something seriously wrong somewhere.

well it aint stuck anymore i can change it but i cant make fl studio any smaller surley??? i mean ive use fl8 on a few notebooks, laptops and pcs and fl has always looked the same on all of them!

i mean if i go on youtube and click on any fl studio vid its the same size as mine??? i aint seen 1 vid where fl8 is smaller than on my pc? for example when subfocus opens ni massive in his vid even tho he uses a different DAW there is more than enuff room on his screen to see all of the pluggin whilst the rest of his DAW looks to be the same size as mine????

Yeah innovine is spot on...

either you still have a graphics driver issue, or your screen is too old to handle higher resolutions.

Massive does take up a large space on the screen and wont fit too well on 1024 x 768.

how old is your PC and how old is your monitor?

If you have the make and model of your pc I will see if I can find the latest driver. Unless thats already what you put on?

yes mate im sure i have the latest drivers a moderator from fl studio forum pointed me in the right direction after i gave him details of my motherboard with intergrated graphics/video card thingy! this seemed to be what i was missing becuase the properties box in the monitor tab was greyed out but now its not and i can change screen res where i couldnt before??

thanks for your help and suggestion tho fellas:)

its really pissing me off man!
these plugins r supposed to be the bollocks and i just cant use em, well all of em anyway!!

ok how about this i have z3ta+ pluggin and the size of it is fine. and when i see ppl using massive it looks about the same size???
its doing me nut in man!!!!!!!!!!1:grrrrr:

well it aint stuck anymore i can change it but i cant make fl studio any smaller surley??? i mean ive use fl8 on a few notebooks, laptops and pcs and fl has always looked the same on all of them!

i mean if i go on youtube and click on any fl studio vid its the same size as mine??? i aint seen 1 vid where fl8 is smaller than on my pc? for example when subfocus opens ni massive in his vid even tho he uses a different DAW there is more than enuff room on his screen to see all of the pluggin whilst the rest of his DAW looks to be the same size as mine????

I don't really know about that one, I would guess it is up to FL to draw itself bigger or smaller...
Also I wouldnt go comparing resolution by looking at youtube, that shit is captured from peoples screens with video cameras, compressed, resized, uploaded, format converted, rescaled, downloaded and redisplayed on your end. Any resemblance with the original is a pure coincidence.

I don't really know about that one, I would guess it is up to FL to draw itself bigger or smaller...
Also I wouldnt go comparing resolution by looking at youtube, that shit is captured from peoples screens with video cameras, compressed, resized, uploaded, format converted, rescaled, downloaded and redisplayed on your end. Any resemblance with the original is a pure coincidence.

yes mate i understand your point but i mean i can clearly see there studio in the background even tho they have massive open theres about half an inch to an inch around the perimeter of massive that still shows there daw in the background??

like when i use z3ta+ its big but i still have that inch or so around the edge where i can see fl?

it would be interesting to here from some ppl with these plugins to see what they think??

failing that i might just hook up a second monitor to my video card and send the big plugins to there own screen,
but surley these plugins were meant to work on a standard size screen?? they seem to work for everyone else??

cheers!

simple, you need a higher resolution 1024x768 is no where near high enough to see all of massive. With my mates copy of fruity he cldn't see all of massive either, I had to up the resolution on his screen around two modes UP from 1024x768. Just use cubase you can scroll the main window so you can see all of it,

and no you cant change the size that fruity loops draws vst plugins or itself for that matter, you can re arrange the fruity toolbar so all of the items are on one line, that allows you to have a bit more room in the main work area.

I'm having the problem. My maximum resolution is 1368 x 786 and my laptop is new. its an HP. if any one knows how to solve this i would much appreciate some advice?

Back
Top Bottom