Screen capture that captures audio from usb soundcard?

Discussion in 'Production' started by subprime, Feb 10, 2013.

1. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I can't get camstudio to record audio when I'm using my Scarlett 2i2 usb interface.

Anyone else had a similar problem and know the solution? or other software that will work?

Cheers.

2. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

You could maybe manage to bodge What U Hear drivers onto your computer. either that or maybe you could take the audio out from your computer, plug it back into the input, and monitor record?

I seem to recall that windows often has some really annoying shitty settings under "sound devices" and "volume mixer" that may fix the problem quite quickly.

3. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

I've also tried pluging the output into the input back in again >< Try snaggit

4. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Screen capture... try fraps?

5. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

I use a simple VST from Voxengo, which is an audio recorder. I put it on the master of my Ableton project and press record before I start recording my tutorial videos, I had the same problem with screen capture software not capturing the sound. Guess it has something to do with the ASIO driver, since Camstudio uses WDM drivers, I guess.

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Cheers guys, not sure about plugging output>input on my laptop, I'll look at fraps and that voxengo plug, that sounds interesting.