Scratched vinyls

Welsh Junglist

AKA Faqade
VIP Junglist
I've got a handful of vinyls that seem to be scratched at the beginning and after a few beats the needle starts skipping for a bit then it's fine. I have got some vinyl cleaning solution but that hasn't seemed to do the trick. Anyone got any suggestions or will I have to buy them again? I do look after my vinyls it's just these ones are getting on a bit now and have been well used.

Thanks.

sometimes if you apply a little pressure on the needle and run the record back and forth slowly it stops skipping. you might still hear a click but this has worked before on minor scratches.
obviously some vinyl are too far gone but it sounds like you might have a bit of success with this.

sometimes if you apply a little pressure on the needle and run the record back and forth slowly it stops skipping. you might still hear a click but this has worked before on minor scratches.
obviously some vinyl are too far gone but it sounds like you might have a bit of success with this.

I'll give this a try man.

with some tunes i have slightly adjust the weight on the tonearm thing so they can play

Tried this, don't know whether it's my needles but adjusting the counter weight to make the stylus end lighter seems to make it worse.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

do NOT do that with ur needle ffs, quickest way to ruin needles EVER...THIS is what you ACTUALLY do (amateurs lol)...

get a matchstick, soften the wooden end a little, can use an alcohol solution but i just stick it in me gob and nibble it for a bit.. then, carefully, run the matchstick along the grooves in the same direction AS the grooves on the vinyl and hope that your luck is in. it's worked for me most of the time :D

do NOT do that with ur needle ffs, quickest way to ruin needles EVER...THIS is what you ACTUALLY do (amateurs lol)...

get a matchstick, soften the wooden end a little, can use an alcohol solution but i just stick it in me gob and nibble it for a bit.. then, carefully, run the matchstick along the grooves in the same direction AS the grooves on the vinyl and hope that your luck is in. it's worked for me most of the time :D

id say this is the best one

wtf? o_O crazy. doesnt hurt to try this i guess.

I though he meant add a weight at the front, i wouldn't push down on my needles lol. Anyway, I'll give your method a go since this vinyl cleaning solution I bought didn't do the trick.

yeah topaz has the same idea really, running something along the groove to help it run smoothly again.
shouldnt use the needle in hindsight but maybe not a matchstick either. i think you get the drift anyway.
POST FEEDBACK ON THE RESULTS YOU GET THO JUNGLIST

yeah topaz has the same idea really, running something along the groove to help it run smoothly again.
shouldnt use the needle in hindsight but maybe not a matchstick either. i think you get the drift anyway.
POST FEEDBACK ON THE RESULTS YOU GET THO JUNGLIST

its a softened damp matchstick and i've done this to great effect before. ;)

Back
Top Bottom