Ravin Floor-Pavin
Are there any particularly good scratch vinyls / series of
vinyls.

or

Should I just go for a random one that looks the prettiest

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

w x

ive only got one which is the best of dj rectangle white vinyl. its pretty good, got a few classic scratch samples youve probably heard before. i hear needlethrashers scratch vinyl are really good too.

jungle_slut said:
I would recamend buying the ones that say skipless vinyl when you are 1st starting out until you get the hag of it then move onto regular.

That's why I recommended Superseal Breaks and Warflex as they're both skipless, and the Warflex series is designed for noobs.

if u jus want samples and no breaks.....SCRATCHAHOLICS-This Is For The DJ Volumes are pretty good imo.may help u

My personal favorite is the "Y" record on dirtstyle......each revolution of the record has a stab, drum sound, and sound effect at 0, 120, and 240 degrees around the record which allows you to find what you need very quickly based on what position of the label is in. It's still an open groove record (not closed loop like the dj swamp ones) but there's enough breathing room on each track to allow for a few skips. The Y record has a shit load of good sounds and samples.

Also recommended >>>
Toasted marshmellow feet breaks (dirtstyle)
Gag seal breaks (dirtstyle)
Popcorn breaks (dirtstyle)
Electronic battle weapon series (rectangle, any of them are good)

nickdawg said:
My personal favorite is the "Y" record on dirtstyle......each revolution of the record has a stab, drum sound, and sound effect at 0, 120, and 240 degrees around the record which allows you to find what you need very quickly based on what position of the label is in. It's still an open groove record (not closed loop like the dj swamp ones) but there's enough breathing room on each track to allow for a few skips. The Y record has a shit load of good sounds and samples.

That sounds similar to the Zodyaq system brought out by DJ Relm a while back.

Yeah the DirtStyles vinyl series are awesome, Qbert is a genius. Also forgot to mention anything on Thud Rumble is a safe choice, heavy Piklz influence.

Back
Top Bottom