Techno Scrapheaper - Minimalism Vol. 1 (EP) samples

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by smoothassilk, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

How is the mix? Is it peaking or dipping anywhere it shouldn't be? Do all the tunes sound consistent?
    Can I afford to compress it a little more or should I stop driving it so hard?

Is it house or techno (i think techno but I've never been very hot on the whole house v techno thing)

Also, do you like it :) ? Would you play it? Why not?

All thoughts appreciated

2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

Hello, yes the first track sounds exactly like 25 yes ago when we kids jumped around in the streets of Berlin. Most of the other tracks I would categories as ELECTRONIC or MINIMAL. Very different stuff to what we usually hear in this forum .. Refreshing!

3. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Thank you :)

There is a 20 page techno thread in UK underground so I think there must be some fans around here somewhere.

4. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Your moving into Glitch / IDM territory with these tracks, i don't think i would play them but thats more to do with the mixdown because i like aspects of your music. I think you have a cool concept on music production, its kinda like some kids high school project but not in a bad way. It reminds me of synths that Odd Future would use, are you analog based?