Scare Tactix, Tryptamine Conciousness

nice tune!, i like the other one you posted too, good production.

you got a myspace or owt?

krease

hey guys, thanks for the comments, I do have a bebo www.bebo.com/rightsidenightsource but I warn thee, it`s hardstyle on there and the myspace page has been grossly neglected to the point I cant even remember the addy for it, haha. I need to sort that shit out.

I use Reason 4 and only Reason 4, although I master in wavelab with the FM compression, but mastering is a mystery to me, i have no clue about it, I just keep it low in the export and add FM compression on wavelab and it seems to sound ok, but, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

thats pretty fierce!
Beats sat well. Crispy!
Reese is tasty, nice pitch adjustments.
Overall sounds well inegrated and you can place each element cleanly in the mix- nice job!

speaking of mastering.. we need to get that production bible thread up and running with a reason section and get that bad boy stickied!

Hmm, i here you man, but i would never rely on reason for mastering, it can be done apparently, i read it in CM mag, but i just dunno where to start.

Thanks chromey

Theres a couple of quality producers on here who do use reason for mastering- with impressive results. I think its a case of becoming fluent with the tool.

Either way- we need that production sticky thread..

Hmm, i here you man, but i would never rely on reason for mastering, it can be done apparently, i read it in CM mag, but i just dunno where to start.

Thanks chromey

i start and finish up all my tracks in reason mate,

and a WAV to MP3 converter so i can load all samples up in NNXT as a wav file.

but yeah i dont really know the definition of mastering???
i use lots of EQs and compressors but im not sure that is mastering??

chromey iv added u up on myspace coz i lack friends

and a WAV to MP3 converter so i can load all samples up in NNXT as a wav file.

can you explain what you mean by that dude?

Yeah, mastering is a complete mystery to me, I have been told it`s a good idea to "A-B" trax, i.e switch back and forth from your own track to an already released track and get the levels and eq similar, but I haven`t yet done this out of lazyness and also, without a visual display to compare curves with, I cant see how A-B-ing would work to the desired effect without me having to export evry time I make a change.

can you explain what you mean by that dude?

umm well basically NNXT can only run WAV samples, so if ive got a little vocal sample, or if ive recording a sample, im gonna need to convert it to wav so that i can open it in reason.
same with redrum that can only use WAVs
i still think reason shud be able to open MP3s.

lucid- I've added you because I felt sorry for you :D
(jk)
I think its a good job reason doesnt use MP3's.
Generally MP3's are terrible quality compared to a nice meaty 24bit wav.
The sound quality is paramount to what you are trying to acheive.

Why race a ferrari with an engine from a fiat panda? Ya get meh? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom