Say or Do

Lovely tune man! But I think you need to layer an extra subbass under your current bassline. Its really high. Really liking the vibe of this tune! Maybe put the drums more upfront a bit

Nice track! Really laid back - agree there is a definite lack of sub action! Maybe a couple more snares layered on top would help give a little more bite. Good stuff look forward to hearing updates :)

Nice track! Really laid back - agree there is a definite lack of sub action! Maybe a couple more snares layered on top would help give a little more bite. Good stuff look forward to hearing updates :)
Thanks man. Will experiment with snare layering and chuck on a sub

Lovely tune man! But I think you need to layer an extra subbass under your current bassline. Its really high. Really liking the vibe of this tune! Maybe put the drums more upfront a bit
soundcloud.com/ifanmusic/say-or-do-update/s-Ma67B added a clap layer to the snare, chucked in a sine sub and made a few little minor changes - how about this?

Anything else I can do with it or do you reckon it's finished now? Thanks a lot for your help
Listen to it mulitple times save the project. start working on something else or start doing something else. Load up your project tomorrow and listen to it again. Make changes it you dont like bits :P

Hi mate, I listened to the update. I really like the melodies on the intro you create some really nice ambience, the drums sound nice too.

My least favourite part of the tune is the bassline, it doesn't fit that well with the rest of the tune in my opinion. Your tune feels more like a stepper kind of tune, maybe strip the bass back a bit? All down to personal taste though.

I like the transition to the break down that feels great, you could maybe add in some rising or wooshing sounds before both drops though, to give your tune more structure

Hi mate, I listened to the update. I really like the melodies on the intro you create some really nice ambience, the drums sound nice too.

My least favourite part of the tune is the bassline, it doesn't fit that well with the rest of the tune in my opinion. Your tune feels more like a stepper kind of tune, maybe strip the bass back a bit? All down to personal taste though.

I like the transition to the break down that feels great, you could maybe add in some rising or wooshing sounds before both drops though, to give your tune more structure
Thanks mate. Yeah you're right I could chuck some more fx and stuff in there. I know what you mean about the bass but I just like it now haha

sounds good man, like it! my only issue is thar ride or perc which hits with the first snare sounds really harsh, and is overpowering, need to take the harsh freqs out of it I think, and adjust the level.

sounds good man, like it! my only issue is thar ride or perc which hits with the first snare sounds really harsh, and is overpowering, need to take the harsh freqs out of it I think, and adjust the level.
Cheers mate. I have dropped that sound down a few dB

Thank you Mentor & Moore. I hope it's a nice one. I love a liquid drum and bass with a nice vocal. I have listened to some of your production on the soundcloud and you have a lot of really nice stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom