Say I wanted to record a sample from a film?

B

BDS

And Im playing it through media player or winamp or sumin, what would i use to record a wav??

windows sound recorder, i quite often use it! :lol:

no, just no! sorry, it will do at a push but why make things harder on yourself?

try 'free mp3 recorder' from download.com or if ya can get a cracked copy, try adobe audition (fucking awesome bit of kit!)

Hi.

If your samplin' off a dvd use "Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper".

Insert the dvd select the chapter u wanna' record. Rip it in wav format. Once its saved, open the audio in sound forge or any good audio editing software and cut the piece you want. Chop it, slice it in recycle blah blah and use it in your music....

i usually just videoget from youtube the film parts i want. instead of downloading as the original file, i'll just take it as a .wav instead

Mate thats bad, most of the sound on youtube is compressed to fuck and sounds like shit.

true yes... but that doesn't necessarily make it bad? old films were dubbed poorely and NOT compressed and you can sample them up fine...

a youtube vid recorded when played in HQ is acceptable if you no what you are doing! add a touch of reverb or delay to smooth it out and some eq to get the right frequencies hear anf voila! (y)

also, think about bit crushing (being used to excess at the moment)... you are simply making the audio lower in quality so again, it's a 'sound of our generation'?

no, just no! sorry, it will do at a push but why make things harder on yourself?

try 'free mp3 recorder' from download.com or if ya can get a cracked copy, try adobe audition (fucking awesome bit of kit!)

why not? what am i making harder on myself? :rinsed:

That's what I thought. Sound recorder records in WAV format. Its only in 44.1Khz Mono. But its a lot better that compressed to fuck mp3 that you'll have to convert to WAV to import into your DAW anyway.

Mate thats bad, most of the sound on youtube is compressed to fuck and sounds like shit.

i have found it to work great sam, it takes the source file with which youtube has not compressed, not teh youtube end compressed video. If someone uploads at a good rate i usually get a good rate back down to me.

it makes me laugh when people go on about the quality of samples etc, i've recorded bare samples off youtube and nobody has ever commented on the quality of them. most samples are layered with all kinds of other shit so quality is certainly not a problem tbh

it makes me laugh when people go on about the quality of samples etc, i've recorded bare samples off youtube and nobody has ever commented on the quality of them. most samples are layered with all kinds of other shit so quality is certainly not a problem tbh

this
some fucking fucking bad quality samples from say a old kung fu movie can sound awesome
you just gota have the right sample for your song.

i just use windows movie maker its easy as not bad qual ether mp3 i think.
if you have a movie in the video bit just drag to audio crop ur sample go file and click save movie file

i just found it was shit and made stuff harder for me... you can only record 60secs, i found sound awful...

i just think when there is so much better freewear out there you might as well get soemthing better? :wave:

and most daws i have used, don't mind wav or mp3? :confused:

I used to use Sound Forge but it was way overblown for sample editing. Now I use Audacity, it's free and it gets the job done. I do most of my processing in FL but Audacity gives you all the basic cleanup tools, filters and such.

You can check it out here .. Audacity.

Back
Top Bottom