Saw - JUXLY [Experimental Series Using only 1 waveform- #2]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Juxly, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Juxly

Juxly Member

DONE! whatcha think? :alf:

2. nusphere

nusphere Member

I'm a bit confused how is this just one waveform, has allsorts of complex sounds? As an experimental track this may be interesting but I cant see how this could work on a dancefloor.

3. Juxly

Juxly Member

never said i was trying to make it for the dance floor. id rather make progressive music you would sit down and listen to. and there are other forms of saws besides just the ridgid scratchy sound. There are more subtle ones but i assure you they are all saws. I went into operator and made them.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

besides the vocals of corse

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Perhaps the percussion & bass sounds are all saws but a key features of the track is a sampled Asian vocals, which unless you are some kind of genius is not constructed from sawtooth waveforms, which to me kinda defeats the concept. Would be good to hear something that is 100% sawtooth, you could perhaps create vocal style skrillex/datsik bass sound if you want something like a vocal element.

Oops sorry I missed your added comment about the vocal, still it is a central feature.

5. Juxly

Juxly Member

i see where your coming from! good idea