Sasasas ...what do you all think?

zaloG024

What do you guys think about dnb Mc's ?
Do you only like em live ?
Do you like em on your favorite dj's studio set ?
What do you guys think of the
Sasasas project?

Always been curious what the majority is ... To have Mc's or to not ?

Fits a certain style of music well. Only one of them i've seen live is skibba when he came to nz round 2005 with shy fx

Personally 4 mcs on a set to me is too much

Ad long as they're having fun and people are paying to see them its good for them though

Can't stand when a local MC is given the mic on a night when an international DJ is playing. So often they're shit and ruin the set. Hilarious when the DJ thinks so too and cuts them off.

Seen a few MCs that have a name for themselves like AD, GQ and LowQui and they were far better and actually improved the night. Tend not to be so keen on female MCs having a sing all over tunes that weren't made for it though.

What do you guys think about dnb Mc's ?
Do you only like em live ?
Do you like em on your favorite dj's studio set ?
What do you guys think of the
Sasasas project?

Always been curious what the majority is ... To have Mc's or to not ?

Most of them are wank

No

Yes

Wank. Phantasy (from way back but nobody needs him now) and Macky Gee (I have a lot of his tunes) laying down the worst jump up whilst some people continuously blabber over it. Old Skiba now needs a lot of company, in 98 he hosted whole nights on his own without taking the easy way out and making rooster noises or repeating shit stuttered. Yeah, I know it´s long ago, Grandpa can´t breathe no more. Whatever.

The old question, the answer is, yes. Just has to be good.

Last MC I heard was DET and he smashed it. And he´s probably older than Fonzo.

GQ, SP, Lowqui, 2Shy, AD and DRS on his day, the rest aren't worth talking about really IMO.

Actually Visionobi and Codebreaker are good too

Last edited:
SASASAS Definitely a top tier act doing it big, but something that needs to be experienced live to fully comprehend!

Experiencing SASAS live in the UK basically guarantees you will be killed. Also Jump Up in that style is just a bit rubbish when compared with some of the breathtaking DNB out there isn't it? For the same money or less you could get a ticket to experience some more forward thinking/interesting music (IMO).

More generally, I reckon MCs are pretty important and good ones aren't as rare as some make out, Bristol inhabitants like Carasel and Remidy do it perfectly for me

Whats going to happen when all these jumpup D&B MCs are in their 50s and still headlining the same raves

All a bit sad really

I love mc's. Probably the biggest fan on this site but the fact most people are blind to their importance is just impotent :D My only problem with them is I don't always agree with the linkups. I also find it's mostly jump up they chat over now but id like to see them over all styles. What I wouldn't do to hear Bassman chat over TC's - Next Hype !

@ thee comment about female vocalists, so true.

Love them on single tunes, riya, charlie brix, jenna g etc i play alot of that style of music.

Can't count how many gigs i've been to that Tali has ruined, i see her on a line up and run the other way now :rasta:

@ thee comment about female vocalists, so true.

Love them on single tunes, riya, charlie brix, jenna g etc i play alot of that style of music.

Can't count how many gigs i've been to that Tali has ruined, i see her on a line up and run the other way now :rasta:

I heard Riya on spearhead boat party last weekend and she was fucking amazing!

SASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASAS INSIDE can be good every now and again but gotta be in the right mood for it!

Most of them are wank

No

Yes

Wank. Phantasy (from way back but nobody needs him now) and Macky Gee (I have a lot of his tunes) laying down the worst jump up whilst some people continuously blabber over it. Old Skiba now needs a lot of company, in 98 he hosted whole nights on his own without taking the easy way out and making rooster noises or repeating shit stuttered. Yeah, I know it´s long ago, Grandpa can´t breathe no more. Whatever.

The old question, the answer is, yes. Just has to be good.

Last MC I heard was DET and he smashed it. And he´s probably older than Fonzo.

THIS!!!!!

For me a good MC is one who realises the DJ is the one moving the dancefloor. The MC just needs to host and that.

For me the likes of GQ, DRS, SP are about all I can handle these days.

*Edit - if you're a fan of 'those' MC's you may think it's 'those' MC's that get the dancefloor moving.

Back
Top Bottom