Sampling Vocals

obeydnb

Guys....

If you want a vocal sample from a song, how di i go about sampling it?

I dont want to do any of this shit where i have to find an instrumental bla bla bla lol.

Any ideas?

Much love

Guys....

If you want a vocal sample from a song, how di i go about sampling it?

I dont want to do any of this shit where i have to find an instrumental bla bla bla lol.

Any ideas?

Much love

Unfortunately, finding an accapella is the easiest way to get good results. if you try and split the vocals from the tune your always gonna have unwanted frequencies and loose wanted ones. in saying this, there are loads of tuts on youtube that all explain how to do it. but dont expect it to remove it cleanly. Sorry if this isnt the answer you wanted!

Well it was the answer i was expecting lol. The only thing that gets me is how top artists get them so clean? from like motown records and that, howwwwwww? lol

If you have an identical instrumental you can go about phase cancellation. Look it up on YouTube. I've ripped a couple of acapellas this way, its very hit or miss though.

^^^ lol that what he doesnt want. but yer you just have to look mate. you will find some clean samples. some tunes still have the beats from the tune they were sampled from but they are equed so u can bareeeely hear them. sampling is an art on its own. good luck

what you do is stop expecting quick results and put the legwork in like all good producers do.

vocal remover vsts might work too, they do something with the difference channel blah i don't really understand it but it often works.

what you do is stop expecting quick results and put the legwork in like all good producers do.

vocal remover vsts might work too, they do something with the difference channel blah i don't really understand it but it often works.

I never said i would'nt put the legwork in, i love making music so dont care how long it takes, just wanted to know how :). That sounds good though, ill look into that cheers.

Thanks

^^^ lol that what he doesnt want. but yer you just have to look mate. you will find some clean samples. some tunes still have the beats from the tune they were sampled from but they are equed so u can bareeeely hear them. sampling is an art on its own. good luck

Haha, fuck me, I'm blind.

Well it was the answer i was expecting lol. The only thing that gets me is how top artists get them so clean? from like motown records and that, howwwwwww? lol

It wouldn't be suprise if they got sing-a-likes or good tribute acts to re-record the vocals. I know Kanye west pays an engineer called ken lewis to recreate instrumentation from those old motown records he samples, would'nt suprise if they done something similar for vocals.

Give 2pac a ring or micheal jackson, if you ask nicely they might send you some accapellas

Back
Top Bottom