Sampling other songs

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
When artists are remixing other people's songs or simply using small parts of it how do they do it? I'm thinking of sampling a small part of a song but would like to get more depth withing the instruments, since I don't want to include some of them. Is there any way to sort of separate a track using software or something?

If you are just looking for the vocals then try a good site called acapellas4u.co.uk. Sign up for free and you can download 5 acapellas a month for free. You can then load these as an audio clip into your production software, or load them into a beat slicer if you want to chop them up a bit!

I remixed a house version of boom boom pow by black eyed peas that way. I would show you but seeing as this is a DnB forum, I'm not sure how a house track would go down?????

if its for a big rmx sometimes they will have the artists permission to use their stems of audio (normally you get a cd with all the bounced audio on it from the engineer), which makes things alot easier as everything is seperate.

if your clever you could EQ certain frequencies out of the parts of audio that you dont want - say its a piano track with some vocals but you dont want the bass in the tune - you would roll off the lower frequency range, then you would add your own bass back in.

or you could use something like Melodyne which has already been mentioned.

if you remixing at home as an ameature producer ur gonna have to try n find instrumentals and accapellas, or chop up the original song

if your a pro, and have the copyright holders permission to do the remix then youll get all the parts you need seperatly. My mate that i produce with sometimes is a proffesional well known house and grime producer(wont put any names on) anyway he was doing a remix of a mariah carey song and he got absolutly every aspect of the track sent to him, even the vocal ad libs! the quality of it was amazing though, she must have some expensive compressors and equipment at the studio

Back
Top Bottom