sampling films

when i first heard the calyx and teebee anatomy lp i really enjoyed the ambiences expecially the intro for make your choice, but i did recognise it from somewhere.
the other night i was watching the last samurai and realised it was from that film.
its a good film but i cant take tom cruise seriously cos of scientology (haha)
anyways does anyone know what that software is called where you can take the audio from films

i just put a film into my laptop...then loads the film onto virtual dj..then play and record the part i want...then load that into edison cut it up and load it into a slicer

any audio editor will do wot you want your method of getting the sound may vary-you can sample by pluging into a mixing board that runs into the box-directly to the box
mic a tv up - not recomended though unless you want some unclean bizz
many ways to go about it
i usually run a dvd player through mi board and run the channel into mi box
record the sample in soundforge and away you go

Or pop the dvd into your dvd drive - which every new or almost new or not prehistoric, computer has and use Cool Edit, Audacity, Windows Recorder to record the 'what you hear' channel.

I use VirtualDub (on Windows) or mplayer (on Linux) to extract the audio stream as a WAV then bung it into Audacity to crop out the stuff I need... A lot quicker than recording it from a DVD :)

My recording technique takes 30 seconds apart from the length of the sample. This guy has no real idea what he is doing so extracting an audio file is a bit too complex.

My recording technique takes 30 seconds apart from the length of the sample. This guy has no real idea what he is doing so extracting an audio file is a bit too complex.

fair enough, was just putting in my 2p :)

you're right though sometimes it is easier to just record it from the DVD, especially if you are not quite sure where the sample is - the pictures do help a little - def the best technique for a beginner, i'm just a bit of a geek who likes to play around with stuff (y)

Back
Top Bottom