Samples

Eagarmizzle

SOUTH WEEZY
Hi. Could anybody tell me what channels I need to go through if I wanted to use a snip from an established artists tune? To be more specific. Say I borrowed a vocal from let's say rhianna, what would be the legal issues surrounding that???

Tah

yes n no.
yes technically thats not on and you need to approach their record label or who ever and they need to approve your use and probably want a cut of the profits if they actually allow you to use it - which i doubt they will - cos i doubt they will even answer your query.
no - if you aint making any money off it and not too many people are gonna hear it - who cares if you have permission.

so if your looking to release something with this in - and charge people for it - you would need it cleared. if not i wouldnt bother as who is going to find out

yes n no.
yes technically thats not on and you need to approach their record label or who ever and they need to approve your use and probably want a cut of the profits if they actually allow you to use it - which i doubt they will - cos i doubt they will even answer your query.
no - if you aint making any money off it and not too many people are gonna hear it - who cares if you have permission.

so if your looking to release something with this in - and charge people for it - you would need it cleared. if not i wouldnt bother as who is going to find out

I suppose I'll just share it as a bootleg under an alias

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've seen people produce a bootleg and it get signed by the original label 2 years later.

The UK has a clear guideline stating if it's a non-profit 'cover' it's legal without consent. If you cover a track and profit from it without prior say-so you'll be in a heap of trouble.

Bootleg it, play it for 6 months and if it's got enough demand, release it for free download to get more 'fans'.

I've seen people produce a bootleg and it get signed by the original label 2 years later.

The UK has a clear guideline stating if it's a non-profit 'cover' it's legal without consent. If you cover a track and profit from it without prior say-so you'll be in a heap of trouble.

Bootleg it, play it for 6 months and if it's got enough demand, release it for free download to get more 'fans'.

That's what disclosure did with their first e.p. Couldn't afford to clear the samples so gave it away for free download if people liked their fb page

Back
Top Bottom