Sample Your Own Competition: Public Vote!

And the top 3 are...?

• Total voters

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
Ok people!

Here are the 7 tracks submitted.

All are sounding... interesting! Got some really great sounds in here but before we pick a winner, we need a public vote for the top 3!

The top 3 will then be handed to the judges for a winner and 2 runners up to be picked!

(Prizes are still being sorted!)

http://soundcloud.com/dnbforum-production-comp/sets/dnbforum-sample-your-own/s-dILuw

No voting for yourself!

VOTE AWAY!

Last edited:
great work everybody, seven tunes, not a bad turn out after all.
all the submissions have similar strong points (probably cos of the nature of the compo)
everyone got interesting and original drums and thick ambience. i learned something new (if fairly obvious) that recording your own sounds is a goldmine, and i use my recordings in every tune i do these days. why dont i write some highly qualified reviews

A great pads with the filter sweeps, the drums are a bit too highpassed
B cool sounds all around (specially the drums) but i find the bassline too messy
C heavy drums, great ambience
D not only the best tune in the compo, it holds its own compared to professional tunes too. really impressed with it, id be interested to know who wrote it.
the vocoder bit with the voice is brilliant. i think i figured out who wrote it now actually
E great effort, again the production is up to par with professional tunes (i think i know who this one is too)
F instead of minimal, somebody went maximal. really full on but i think everything could be a couple of semi tones lower, for more weight
G its tight and funky if rather abstract

yeah i need some more listens.
great job though from everyone who took part - hats off to you.
oh and if you vote for yourself you are gay - official

normally until there are enough votes for three clearly discernible chart toppers and then the judges decided whos the winner and do a write-up on them. usually a few weeks, this time we have a bit less than half of the usual amount of tunes so it shouldnt take too long. maybe a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom