Sample with irregular timing

cbfb

Hey

Am only just startin out so hopefully this is an obvious question but it's annoying me.

I've got a sample from an old old reggae riddim it's about 8 bars long. I've timeshifted it to bring it up to around 165rpm but on the original track the timing is out, there are slight errors (I guess Studio One didn't bother with click tracks) so the beats don't match up.

Any ideas what I can do about it? I was thinking if there's some way of timestretching between the beats to make them a uniform width that would work, is there a tool that would do that?

Must be someting other people have come across?

I'm using Reaper.

Cheers
Chris

Use re cycle to make your own slices in the mellody on each note then create a rex file of it.. the great thing about rex files is they keep perfect time no matter what bpm you take your track to.. ;)

JRG

Had a look at ReCycle, looks awesome but can't afford to buy it at the moment .... but having a look at it I at least got an understanding of the jargon and was able to do a bit of research on google and found a few free beat slicers that might do the trick. will have a play when i'm back home.

Thanks
Chris

the best thing to do is chop it up on the transients and try and put it in time. I might sound a bit jerky but it might give a good effect.. ya never know.

the best thing to do is chop it up on the transients and try and put it in time. I might sound a bit jerky but it might give a good effect.. ya never know.

This. Its the only way you will ever get it in time.

This is so easy to do in Record its untrue as it has real-time timestretching.

Well didn't want to pay out for ReCycle, but stumbled across a thread about using Warp in Ableton recently. My usual DAW is Reaper, but I have Ableton Live Lite 7 installed (came free with M-Audio Pre USB s/card) so I managed to resample the clip with that, piece of cake. All good.

Back
Top Bottom