sample timing problems?

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
how do u get a sample of music to play in time with a tune your making?ie i got a theme tune fwav from a film i want to use with a track in reason which im making at 170 bpm,i have audacity and in the effect drop down box you can change the tempo without changing pitch which is cool and it says change from bla bla to bla bla,well i dont no the original speed of the sample so i tried just puting in 170 bpm in the to bit,but still it dont match the speed of my tune in reason!any tips on matching samples to the speed of a track you are making?

one quik way is to work out over how many bars your sample wants to be over - find out how many seconds that is (just look at the clock on reason) then use audacity to strech or shrink your sample to that amount of time.

another good way to make it work, slightly longer process but perfect results.

Put the sample of music into your audacity window (never used audacity so am hoping its slightly like cubase.)
If you can.. put the master tempo at 170bpm and put your sample into the sequencer. then set it on a loop to the nearest full bar, you will hear the gap where the sample isnt long enuff and it will sound like its jumping. then just timestretch the sample until it runs smoothly with no jump.
You will probs have to timestretch several times to get it perfect. Lots of trial and error.

I think this makes sense, sorry if it doesnt apply to audacity, ive never used it
cheers

i had the same problem in reason i managed to get around it by putting the track in VirtualDJ and adjusting the tempo in that, then record a wav and put into reason. Still a bitch to get right though. Can listen to what it came out like in these 2 track intros Here and here

the powers of abletons time stretch makes all these ideas look futile! just warp the begining of a bar (of the thing you want to make 'fit') to the begining of a bar in the sampler, and then the end bar (of the thing you want to make 'fit') to the end of the bar in the sampler... simples!

Back
Top Bottom