Sample indexing software

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
I'm just starting to get back into a bit of production for the first time in a long time!

I used to have a bit of software when I was working on a Mac that you could point it to the folder with all your samples in and it would index them all, so if I had 100,000 samples spread across loads of different sample packs I could just open this software type in the work "kick" and it would list off all the samples with the word kick in the file name, you could then click on any of them to preview the audio.

It was so useful for finding good samples quickly but firstly I have no idea what it was called now, and secondly I work on a PC not a Mac now as well.

Anyone know anything like this?

I have a feeling I first heard about it in the Shimon Production Masterclass

macs do this easily anyways with the search in the browser within Logic.. can you not just index the sample folder manually using windows and then just use the normal search? what daw you using?

I'm just starting to get back into a bit of production for the first time in a long time!

I used to have a bit of software when I was working on a Mac that you could point it to the folder with all your samples in and it would index them all, so if I had 100,000 samples spread across loads of different sample packs I could just open this software type in the work "kick" and it would list off all the samples with the word kick in the file name, you could then click on any of them to preview the audio.

It was so useful for finding good samples quickly but firstly I have no idea what it was called now, and secondly I work on a PC not a Mac now as well.

Anyone know anything like this?

I have a feeling I first heard about it in the Shimon Production Masterclass

Iced Audio- AudioFinder. Get bit of kit and makes life real easy. Good for editing samples as well.

Iced Audio- AudioFinder. Get bit of kit and makes life real easy. Good for editing samples as well.

That's exactly what I was thinking of, cheers for the info mate! Shame it is a Mac only bit of software tho, at least I can use the name of this to try and find a Windows alternative!

Back
Top Bottom