Sample CDs? (A little bit picky)

Discussion in 'Production' started by tiedyetrogdor, Feb 4, 2007.

1. tiedyetrogdor

tiedyetrogdor New Member

I need some sample CD's. Any suggestions? Here's the general idea:

-(Preferably) Drum loops only - Little or no bass sounds, effects, one shots. I'd like to buy a single CD of loops, open it up, and make music with Ableton Live or something. (for an electric tuba, ask me about it)

-NOT SQUARE - gimmicky electronic sounds are a waste of time; I want lots of fast acoustic beats that vary a lot in their rhythm.

-similar sound to each of them so I can use lots of them in the same song.

-Not too expensive - I'm just a poor boy from a poor family and I want to make drum 'n' tuba tracks. Below $60, preferably.

Hey, thanks a lot!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  2. Dj_Fozzybear

Dj_Fozzybear Greenpiece Records

?????
    There will never be one CD with loads of loops that all sound similar ready to be used in songs man.............it does not happen that way.............we have the breaks exchange up the top of this forum with loadsa FREE drum loops and if you are using Ableton it will time it for you anyways.
    try googling free drum loops as well (look for Bourbon breaks and Phatloops etc)
    Don't need to pay money when a little time will save you that $60...............:typing:

3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Or buy the samples off ebay.

4. tiedyetrogdor

tiedyetrogdor New Member

OK. Sounds like I was too picky. Do you have any suggestions for professional sounding loops? I've found a lot on the internet that have been ripped from other songs (you can hear other stuff in the bg) or they just aren't interesting.

So basically, What CD's have you bought in the past? I'm looking right now at two by Sony Loops (for ACID). Would they be good?

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/loop_libraries/showloop.asp?SPID=179

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/loop_libraries/showloop.asp?SPID=137&language=1

I'll try to be a little more open next time. Thanks.

5. tiedyetrogdor

tiedyetrogdor New Member

6. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Expensive!

7. boot

boot Member

Essentially, any sample cd you get is not going to sound as good as if you spend the time with layering and processing breaks and single hits that you can find for free in the samples sticky at the top of this forum. You have to understand that in dnb production there is no quick fix pro sounding breaks solution, unless you nick the samples of some famous producer's HD, and I wouldn't condone doing that!!

8. Dj_Fozzybear

Dj_Fozzybear Greenpiece Records

:word:

Do it Do it!!! :teeth: (if you can find a famous producer to loan you their hard drive that is!!!)

9. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Davide Carbone's sample CD is fantastic

10. boot

boot Member

Hehe, yeah. We tried to get Flo from Phace to give us some samples when he was staying at my mate's place, but he wouldn't (of course!). But he did say that most of his breaks are made from all those funk breaks samplepacks of DOA, just clever use of layering.
    But fuck man, he was auditioning some of his breaks and bass sounds for us when were having a little tutorial with him. Jesus christ they were stunning. Instant Phace Bass 8O