Sample cd/packs reccomendations...

Deejayy

I already have 2 packs..

Digital Redux Drum & Bass 4 The Headz
David Carbone Drum & Bass Essentials

but i'm just not getting the right feel from them.. the loops and construction kits arent really what i am trying to create, these seem more old skooly/real drum kit stuff... but i'm going for the more electronic commerical sound found in stuff like high contrast vibes and big vocal tracks.

I don't know, i'm new to drum & bass and even newer to producing it so i could be way off... but to me the loops in those kits dont really sound like the loops i can hear in dnb tunes i like. i eventually want to try making my loops from scratch so would like some sample kits that have kits, loops and one shots... free or paid or whatever

any advice?

David Carbone Drum & Bass Essentials are good quality... try cutting single hits from them! or just get the vengeanze sample packs

your gonna get a lot of posts telling you to make your own loops, but if you just starting and want some decent loops to play around these are apparently good:

Loopmasters - Simon Bassline Smith and Drumsound - Stuido technique

Loopmasters - Danny Byrd Producer Masterclass

there are also two other loopmasters cd's from david carbone and also nutone they are supposed to be good too, have a look on loopmasters.com

Try searching for a loop called amen brother and another called funky mule, have a go at chopping those up (get properllerheads recycle or something similar for this) and Eq ing them too, it will give you a start into how loops are created.

i bought a pack called BHK special edition

really helps me fill out my beats wiv the hats and snares and it has some good effects too
plus it has all the beats in rex format which saves time slicing

i definatly need more packs tho !

Thanks chaps.

Yes i eventually want to start making my own loops but as i say i am new so i just want to throw some loops into a slicer and see how they are built up. I can do basic break beat with some hat behind but it sounds rubbish compared to what can be achieved.

Thanks chaps.

Yes i eventually want to start making my own loops but as i say i am new so i just want to throw some loops into a slicer and see how they are built up. I can do basic break beat with some hat behind but it sounds rubbish compared to what can be achieved.

no worries, good luck and keep at it sir

Zero-G has:
Jungle Warfare
Jungle Warfare 2
Jungle Warfare 3

They have some good amen breaks in rex form that I like to mess with and switch up here and there..also some good bass wav files to use, from simple sub wobble, sub juno, 808, to dirtier soundin'..

also standard on here mentioned the Nu-Tone sample pack..it's a nice one as well to grab and use bits from...also find the one called D&B 4 The Headz..some nice steppa breaks in there in rex form that are kinda basic, and easy to dress up with more percussion to it, etc..

Quick question, do some producers actually use loops thats not theirs? I myself coudnt think of anything more...talentless?, not that i mean to diss anyone just a personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom