DnB Sammy T - Dream Catcher (Looking for Feedback/Thoughts)

DjSammy-T

Hello again everyone. I've been in hiding for a little while trying to get my sound that little better and here is what has come of it. I've made this a private link so I am very open to opinions and ideas as changes can and most probably will be made. If you have anything you feel the track needs or has too much of please comment on this thread.

I'm pretty happy with this track but feel I may have listened to it far to many times to see and hear the flaws it may have. I hope you enjoy and be as harsh or as nice as you feel you need to be.

Thanks

Sammy T

I like that drum pattern mate, you may want to boost the midrange or the low end of that lead synth a bit, sounds a little empty, ice track :)

Pretty cool track I like the uniqueness of the lead synth. But I do agree with LVB on that it sounds quite hollow and emptym but in my opinion not only the lead synth but the track itself as well, I'd lay some pads or atmospheric textures or something in the background to enrich the track somewhat!

cheers buddy

Flogging a dead horse buddy. That's what they call it. I think you've done a good job of polishing off what is essentially a, well...you know, One of them tracks you weren't supposed to show anybody. But I've had a lot of whiskey..so I might be wronged. I've followed you on soundcloud cos I think you done good anyway. Good job. tea?

'LVB and Psychoholic' - thanks for the words of advice, I will look into getting some mid range niceness sitting pretty with the lead synth and will also look into adding some atmos although I do worry about just dumping pads into lead sections. I'll work on beefing out the lead synth and see where that takes the track.

'Subprime' - I think I get what you're saying. It's to the point in which I shouldn't have shared it on a forum? Or at least asked for advice? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the follow though means a lot :)

Flogging a dead horse, you know, when you spend too long on a track, can't see the forest for the trees etc. It sounds pretty well balanced but I didn't really like the lead synth, sounds a bit thin like the others said. And no, I definitely wasn't meaning you shouldn't post on the forum, post away, just gotta watch these idiots that drink whiskey and try and be funny :coffee: You may or may not understand what I meant in a month or two when you listen to the track with fresh ears.

Back
Top Bottom