same dj & mc, rude name, FUCK OFF!

ALPHA'mC

What is going on with drum n bass?!?!?!? it has so much more potential but the big promoters are CUNTS! when are we gonna get some new talent in, i was just looking at the nominations for this years dnb awards! what the fuck! best newcommer MC BIGGIE???? no!!!!!!! hes been around for fucking ages! hes not a fucking newcommer! may as well stick nicky blackmarket in best new dj category WTF, ive been saying the same thing about dnb for foookin years and still, same old shit, different rave! when are we gonna go to accelerated culture or slammin or fever or whateva and see loads of fresh talent!?!? i mean, the top dj's & mc's must be so bored with dnb, doing raves 20 times a week, mc's chatting the SAME fucking lyrics again!!!! ARARAGGGGGGGGG im so fucked off with those cunts who run the scene. sort it out before you kill it! woof woof i am the rot the rot the weiler skiba diba dee killing the vibe yeah! I love dnb more than anyone, i mean i LOVE dnb! BUT we, WE the people who keep the scene going need to wake up and put our foot down! NO, i will not go to another rave and hear fearless say the same fucking thing i heard him say on a tape pack at my sisters house when i was 13 years old!
'pick up a pen and put to paper
write a rhyme and supply the raver

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeedback pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

people go to raves to see the big names .if people dont want to see the big names on stage there are plenty of raves witch dont have big artist all on the flyer .almost every week night you can go partying anywhere around the country to see all catogries and levels of talent.if promoters dont have big names or well known djs or mces they aint gona get people comming to there events/FACT. i see ya point that you are hearing the same old shit week in week out but prehaps your going to the same places same events all the time ,bottom line skibba shabba ,nicky bm, andyc, mickey finn , watever! they are the talent witch have made the scene this big and this good and that is why promoters hire them.

Don't go to the big raves if you like it different.
You got to hit the smaller venues.

The more cheesy it is the safer it is as a moneyspinner and it's not like you'll ram the sanctuary with small names.

Tough but that's how it is and that's how big raves will always be

12 inch grinch said:
people go to raves to see the big names .if people dont want to see the big names on stage there are plenty of raves witch dont have big artist all on the flyer .almost every week night you can go partying anywhere around the country to see all catogries and levels of talent.if promoters dont have big names or well known djs or mces they aint gona get people comming to there events/FACT. i see ya point that you are hearing the same old shit week in week out but prehaps your going to the same places same events all the time ,bottom line skibba shabba ,nicky bm, andyc, mickey finn , watever! they are the talent witch have made the scene this big and this good and that is why promoters hire them.

That's a good point. If you don't want to see these people anymore.....why are you paying money to get in to these events, which you know they will be playing at? Look for another event, it probably won't be of the gargantuan production spec provided by promoters like Slammin and AC etc, but will be a different, and hopefully better, night. No one's forcing you to go to anything!

you are missing my point.

if the promoters wanted to they could faze in new names. Do you seriously think that im that stupid i dont know where to find unkown top quality dj's/mc's!

i cant realy be bothered to explain to you what im on about cuz i think its blaitantly obvious!

the time has come for a new breed of big names, there are a few that have been creeping in over the last few years for example high contrast. I know for a fact there are loads of dj's & mc's that are only able to reach a certain level in the dnb scene cuz the big raves will never book them.

one nation almost attempted at least i thought they did with stars of the future, but where have all the stars of the future gone??? my sisters boyfriend used to dj in the stars of the future room, wheres his big break? wheres the call from innovation! come on ppl, you all know what im saying.

You have also got to remember that the scene changed for non musical reasons a while ago. People like general levy were in the scene doing big things, a load of dj's / mc's at the time got together and formed a collective and refused to play at raves with other people they didnt want in the scene, they stopped playing ragga samples in the music and focused on the 'dark' stuff, which is why youve got that weird early drum n bass that basicaly sounds like a spastic hitting. The dj's & mc's that formed that early collective were ppl like m-finn,det,fearless,brockie,kenny ken,blackmarket, basicaly all the people that are on the flyer for helter skelter. before they did this the scene was pretty much open, im not saying that fazing out general levy was a bad thing! but what i am saying is that theres a bit of a monopoly going on and i dont think that it is right.

if you faze in new talent on a click of a finger ,it aint gona work i want to see new talent come through, and i do at almost every rave i go to .As the scene progresess new mces and new djs are allways comming onto main stage maybe there is too much of the same shit going on but that is wat the majoirty want to here big names purly cuz they now wat there getting for there money and because they are the best around to have in raves if you want to see up and comming stars/stars of the futer then hit the smaller clubs/venues there are so many around the country. o_O

I agree partially,

theres some good nights out there that represent some decent line ups.

Theres alot out there that i find laughable.

Go underground.

Its cheaper and better variety of music genres, Interesting locations also.

Sayber - when we next go out i will inform you. We haven't for a while, cog's are being turned in the engine room..

Just to Add, LABhorns rock.

Bass shootout last weekend.

33hz pure Sub bass. 144.6DB, at one metre from the bin.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Alternatively come have your legs blown in the wind by bass. ;)

ALPHA'mC said:
you are missing my point.

if the promoters wanted to they could faze in new names. Do you seriously think that im that stupid i dont know where to find unkown top quality dj's/mc's!

i cant realy be bothered to explain to you what im on about cuz i think its blaitantly obvious!

the time has come for a new breed of big names, there are a few that have been creeping in over the last few years for example high contrast. I know for a fact there are loads of dj's & mc's that are only able to reach a certain level in the dnb scene cuz the big raves will never book them.

one nation almost attempted at least i thought they did with stars of the future, but where have all the stars of the future gone??? my sisters boyfriend used to dj in the stars of the future room, wheres his big break? wheres the call from innovation! come on ppl, you all know what im saying.

You have also got to remember that the scene changed for non musical reasons a while ago. People like general levy were in the scene doing big things, a load of dj's / mc's at the time got together and formed a collective and refused to play at raves with other people they didnt want in the scene, they stopped playing ragga samples in the music and focused on the 'dark' stuff, which is why youve got that weird early drum n bass that basicaly sounds like a spastic hitting. The dj's & mc's that formed that early collective were ppl like m-finn,det,fearless,brockie,kenny ken,blackmarket, basicaly all the people that are on the flyer for helter skelter. before they did this the scene was pretty much open, im not saying that fazing out general levy was a bad thing! but what i am saying is that theres a bit of a monopoly going on and i dont think that it is right.

If you don't like it don't go. That way you'll not line their pockets.

Zoob - damn thats a sub and a half!!
Lets be honest - the scene is overrun by rudeboys that want to look hard & they like to see big names on the flyers. So these are the people the big nights aim at attracting & so go 4 big names. If u wana hear more quality stuff u gotta go 2 nites that the true headz go to like every1 has sed so far!
I see what ur sayin tho ALPHA mc, theres no harm in bringing a few rising stars to big events along with the big names that bring the crowd. But then ur better off just goin to ur smaller night to see those acts with like-minded people that love that kinda music & save urself alotta money on the shite that would be at the big event!
Peace

Alpha your a little fiesty...sheeeeit.
You have a good point, however I guess when you go to a big party the promoters book big names because they need to attract big crowds. I think they have a place to assist the rising stars, but I can understand why they book big names, big parties are usually more commercial. Not every one is all together that switched on.
Like everyone has said, it's all happening in the smaller venues. It's much better anyway...

Count yourself lucky, you dont live in Australia where you never get to see the mad cutting edge artists. The big names have thier place, but man I would travel far and beyond to see some of those quality tear out dj's of the new...

The problem with you Alpha, and most ppl on this forum (including myself) is that we are not the typical rudeboy/pikey/attitude problem bearing/hardcore gangsta pimp twats that listen to the music. When you go to these big raves, these people love what they are hearing. They can listen to Shabba's squeaking rhymes over and over again. They can listen to endless shit mixes from the big name DJs who can't be arsed anymore and still think it is the sickest thing since Pop tarts. Do you know why?.......It's because they have about half the IQ of a boiled potato. Hate to say it, but look at the brilliantly structured arguements on the banana forum to prove my point, if it hasn't already proved itself from your recollections of the general populous at a One Nation etc etc. The promoters don't need to change if these people are going to stay this stupid forever....they'll just kick back and laugh in the money. It's a shame, but that's the way it goes.

hehe u funny tooez

The thing that pisses me off about this, is that i already knew the reasons why things are going on like this. U made a good point about the crowd being stupid!

what can i say, gotta keep going to those smaller venues! spose it just keeps the real dnb crowd underground...

thnx for ythe replies ppl

we warned them about raves of mass destruction, we warned them to let the UN new talent inspectors in, we told them to uphold the underground music security resolution of 1985:96, but have the 'dictators' listened?!? now we just say; FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS, FUCK'EM!

Back
Top Bottom