Salsa Drum and Bass: Mi Mulata - Frankie Negron

xevioso

Hi folks. First time posting here, just found this board a few days ago.

So, here's the deal...I'm a Salsa dancer in San Francisco in the US. I love Salsa; been dancing for three years, been on salsa cruises, been to clubs all over the US. I love salsa.

I also love drum and bass; I have been listening to it since about 1990. I wanted to see if I could make a real salsa drum and bass track.

Now, I have heard "Latin" d&b, which to me usually sounds like regular d&b with a little but of a latin vibe thrown in, like maybe a few bongos or something. This is a remix of Frankie Negron's Mi Mulata with a little bit of d&b thrown in. I want to see what people at a salsa club I go to regularly think of salsa with a different vibe, so I made this track, and I'm playing it next week to see how dancers react.

it's real simple; it's totally just a remix of a previously released salsa song; I just wanted to see what salsa and d&b sounded like mixed together, and the results are pretty amazing. I think I'll make more of these. I made this in a few hours earlier today.

If anyone can point me to anything else like this out there I'd love to hear it. I personally have never heard a salsa drum and bass track which is why i wanted to make one.

I don't know if this is Jump-up or what; I think it falls in that category...I think its in a category of its own though.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. And props to Frankie Negron and his band for such a great salsa song.

http://www.evokeworks.com/music/MiMulata.wav

--Jeremy

Good stuff. Needs more BBASS!!

Also that snare should cut thru the mix more, otherwise I really like it!

Really? Great to hear...is this the sort of thing you thing you think DJS mike like to play? I havent spun in SF in a few years, but I still go to clubs here where it's played. What I am envisioning is an entire set of Salsa Dru and Bass. Even though it's in a foreign language (I speak no spanish) I think people might get a kick out of it...

I wonder what the Brits would think of this in the UK scene... Not many salsa clubs in London...

Hey I also do salsa n dnb dancing. There is a really good dnb track I gave to my salsa teacher, I'll try and track down the name, it's a great song to dance salsa too.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

I heard your track you posted, definitely need to hear the dnb we dance salsa too, much more energy and better dynamic range.

hey. these things that have been cropping up here are technical details. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that since this track has got a really good groove to it, and I guess that comes from the original track. Drum and bass is so hung up on production values these days that it cant even see itself evolving, so anything that is made with a different standard is not up to it.... This is clearly a nice combination of styles, which is what dnb is about imo. Dont worry if 'the snare is not compressed enough', just keep with doing creative things and you'll do wonders.

if you like latin music & drum n bass you should check this out!

www.myspace.com/radiorebeldecolombia

Hi folks. First time posting here, just found this board a few days ago.

So, here's the deal...I'm a Salsa dancer in San Francisco in the US. I love Salsa; been dancing for three years, been on salsa cruises, been to clubs all over the US. I love salsa.

I also love drum and bass; I have been listening to it since about 1990. I wanted to see if I could make a real salsa drum and bass track.

Now, I have heard "Latin" d&b, which to me usually sounds like regular d&b with a little but of a latin vibe thrown in, like maybe a few bongos or something. This is a remix of Frankie Negron's Mi Mulata with a little bit of d&b thrown in. I want to see what people at a salsa club I go to regularly think of salsa with a different vibe, so I made this track, and I'm playing it next week to see how dancers react.

it's real simple; it's totally just a remix of a previously released salsa song; I just wanted to see what salsa and d&b sounded like mixed together, and the results are pretty amazing. I think I'll make more of these. I made this in a few hours earlier today.

If anyone can point me to anything else like this out there I'd love to hear it. I personally have never heard a salsa drum and bass track which is why i wanted to make one.

I don't know if this is Jump-up or what; I think it falls in that category...I think its in a category of its own though.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. And props to Frankie Negron and his band for such a great salsa song.

http://www.evokeworks.com/music/MiMulata.wav

--Jeremy

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 ----------

www.myspace.com/radiorebeldecolombia

Back
Top Bottom