DnB SAKURA DROPS

Zlatan to ManUnited from summer 2016?

• na' .. he should start his own comedy TV show called "Zlatan - The Oracle!" :))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi! I love the drums line, the groove its very nice. For me, the main part of track sounds pretty cool. I don't like the sound of lead/pad u used in intro, i think you should consider change it.
Cheers!

Hi! I love the drums line, the groove its very nice. For me, the main part of track sounds pretty cool. I don't like the sound of lead/pad u used in intro, i think you should consider change it. Cheers!

THANKS a lot, janek. very kind words. I will rethink the intro lead .. hopefully i'm not the only one who likes this lead arp :)

yeah agree with Janek... i like the trancey feel but the leads piercing sound is mabye a little much... filter it see if it helps?
thanks manuforti, now I understand what janek meant (I thought it was the melody) .. I will work on the leads sound with filter&EQ.

Great melodical track :D(y) I think the drum varitons in this track are really good. I really like the part (starts at 2:12) where you use this frequencie shifted synth. So flubbery :razz: .The verb vocal is a nice touch but i would recommend to maybe do some little sound or synth that follows to fill out some space to make it more flying. Also the whole part from 1:17 to 1:50 and his later variation is a little bit empty because there is not much melodic information and mostly the variation of drums going on . Maybe add a lead or pluck in there to support the lighthearted warm tone. In term of quality it sounds well made to me!

thanks FLUX, very kind and very detailed review. fyi, the "flubbery" synth from 2:12 is simply done with playing with a few filter knobs on the basic pads which you hear coming in before 2:12. well spotted some parts are a bit empty, i'm looking for the right female vocals lines to fill these later on, possibly. haven't found anything yet but i think i'll need to buy some new vocal library soon (can't afford a singer :D). thanks again for your feedback !! (y)

Last edited:
your mix is quite muddy, try scooping some of that 500 hz area with a dynamic eq or a gate

the break doesn't provide enough punch

great track man! I like your intro lead arp - it gives me a feeling of happiness!
You should maybe let it slowly come up in your track so there's more effect when your track drops.

Thumbs up!

great track man! I like your intro lead arp - it gives me a feeling of happiness!
You should maybe let it slowly come up in your track so there's more effect when your track drops.
Thumbs up!

thanks rebbo, appreciate your advise on the lead arp !! (y)

love that intro lead, sounds very fred v & grafix! one main thing that stands out to me is that I feel the kick and bass sound like they conflict a little, i think i can hear that you've sidechained them, however, maybe try removing some frequencies out of the bass that will open up the kick a little bit more? the sub could also do with being slightly quieter imo, really nice work though!!

love that intro lead, sounds very fred v & grafix! one main thing that stands out to me is that I feel the kick and bass sound like they conflict a little, i think i can hear that you've sidechained them, however, maybe try removing some frequencies out of the bass that will open up the kick a little bit more? the sub could also do with being slightly quieter imo, really nice work though!!

Hi momentuk, thanks very much for your detailed feedback. always good to have someone reviewing on a part of a track i thought for some time about (i.e. side-chain bass & kick), but maybe not having gone far enough yet in the process. i will look at your comment again when on that track again. PS: i hope it doesn't sound too much fredv/grafix alike. cheers :2thumbs:

Hi momentuk, thanks very much for your detailed feedback. always good to have someone reviewing on a part of a track i thought for some time about (i.e. side-chain bass & kick), but maybe not having gone far enough yet in the process. i will look at your comment again when on that track again. PS: i hope it doesn't sound too much fredv/grafix alike. cheers :2thumbs:

side-chaining is important, but sometimes simple EQ can help a lot more. the intro reminds me of them slightly, but other than that its pretty original!

Back
Top Bottom