Saffire 6 USB volume control

I've had the Saffire 6 USB for a few months now and it's superb. However I can't control the volume via my macs keyboard only by the knob on the front of the unit. Is this just how it is or is there a work around?

Thanks in advance.

The Mac keyboard will only control the sound coming through the Mac's internal soundcard.

Yep. Once you plug in an audio interface the responsibility of handling sound is out of the hands of the Mac's soundcard, resulting in the control of volume via the keyboard buttons to be lost. Also, if it's at all the same as mine, you will notice that your volume icon (the little speaker in the menubar) becomes grayed out as soon as you plug in your interface.

You can switch the sound output from AI to internal in the sound settings if you want to watch like youtube videos and shit but that's about it.

Cheers guys. That's all I needed to know. Only asking as my mates iMac and Ederol Soundcard has that functionality. Must have additional software/drivers? Anyway doesn't bother me much, just wondered if there was a setting. Chuurs

Back
Top Bottom