Sacha Chapman - Seren (Liquid / Chill DNB)

Liquid Funk

Hi, here's my track. Inspired by liquid and chill out tracks it's no heavy hitter and is without some of the cheesy synths or leads that I personally don't enjoy too much. When producing I try to make what sounds appealing to me.

In my opinion the strengths are the pads and hopefully the fact the track actually sounds pleasant to listen to. Points to improve would be more interesting drum patterns and probably composition. Mastering and mixing are a constant learning curve and I did them to the best of my current ability.

I'm prepared for construtive criticism, at the end of the day this is just a hobby for me at the moment. Of course any positives are welcome! I enjoy listening to this myself it would be great if someone else did too and to get feedback from my peers.

Sorry if this is too much info I'm just trying to give some context. Cheers!

drums could use some work. They have to be more up front in the mix. Liking the idea. Could use some more elements tho. Like tiny fxs here and there.

I like the mood of the track really chilled. Agree that drums need to have much more presence and punch though - they are too quiet. Keep working on it though man you have the start of something good!

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to listen and feedback. I don't really know how to make the drums more up in the mix as you suggest? Is it just that they need to be louder or is it something to do with the mix / master? As for extra fx, I know what you mean but again my knowledge is limited so they always tend to sound out of place or just really obviously bolted on instead of just seemlessly blending in with the track. I'll keep playing around in FL.

Cheers.

Yeah turn those drums up! Do you bus your drums together? I like to use small amounts of compression on kick/snare/hats individually then send them all to a bus with a bit more compression and sometimes gentle tape distortion. I use softube FET compressor which i really like for drums.
Layering different snares can help too if you feel like your lacking a bit of snap!

I like it mate. My only critism would be a more interesting drum pattern and them to cut through the mix a bit better. Other than that it's a top job all round!

Back
Top Bottom