SABRE EP [darkestral]

Siiiiick! heard alot of good things about this. Spoke to him @ EOC last week and he said he's got an album comming out on critical aswell.

I like a lot of Sabres music but I really don't get any of this EP. I mean it's quite experimental and interesting to chill and listen to, but there's no way I could buy the EP for mixing reasons. Would the people that are feeling this actually play it out? Just curious...

I like a lot of Sabres music but I really don't get any of this EP. I mean it's quite experimental and interesting to chill and listen to, but there's no way I could buy the EP for mixing reasons. Would the people that are feeling this actually play it out? Just curious...

No.

Like with this whole autonomic side of D&B, musically its good but i'd never buy any of it to put in a set. Just a bit too downbeat and minimal to play out IMO

Plus none of it sits next to Killers Dont Die

:D

i totally agree al & wayne.

i'd never really see myself djing any of this kinda of thing, but it's just appreciating it on it's musical content, and i'd still buy it as i would any other genre of music to support the artist (y)

whereas i might not get any 'real use' out of the vinyl, it'd be nice to own - and if i wanted to listen to it i could.

yagetsshhmeeee.

i totally agree al & wayne.

i'd never really see myself djing any of this kinda of thing, but it's just appreciating it on it's musical content, and i'd still buy it as i would any other genre of music to support the artist (y)

whereas i might not get any 'real use' out of the vinyl, it'd be nice to own - and if i wanted to listen to it i could.

yagetsshhmeeee.

Plus the sleeves look REAL nice. Artwork bidniss...

There's no doubt that musically a lot of it is special and the people who are making it have their heads screwed on and nailing their desired sound.

So the apreesh is definetly there in that sense.

I do own a lot of Exit Recordings stuff but this is just far too minimal for me.

My question is does this sound have longevity? I know its very popular now but will it still be in a year or 18 months down the line? Because i associate D&B with rave culture, this particular strand isnt very club friendly (i know there are nights dedicated to it though) so wonder how it will sustain itself in that sense...

well tbf, the labels darkestral, surely he had to write tunes to suit the label, which imo is talent in its own, i think you could work this kind of stuff into your mix/set. thats what real djs do inet

well tbf, the labels darkestral, surely he had to write tunes to suit the label, which imo is talent in its own, i think you could work this kind of stuff into your mix/set. thats what real djs do inet

this. some really interesting mixes can come out of this sound

i like listening to this stuff whenim at home etc. but if this ever came on at a rave the majority of people would be like wtf is, resulting in an empty dancefloor.

Back
Top Bottom