Sabre - Critical Records Remix Competiton (Knowledge Mag)

ali1212

Just saw this, might have already been on here but cant find it.

"Hello,

I just thought I'd give you the heads up for our first remix comp. of 2010. We are speaking to a number of your suggested artists for this years competitions, plus we're looking into some of your other requests, I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

Launching in February, I'm very pleased to let you know that we'll be partnering with Sabre and Critical Recordings, the track to remix will be 'Leaf' taken from the recent Critical Sound album.

We are still ironing out some of the details but I just thought I'd give you guys the news here. How does that sound?"

then says

"Just a quick update whilst I'm here, the stems for the Leaf track have unfortunately been lost, so it won't be that track for the coming competition. Sabre is kindly making a brand new track over the next two weeks especially for the competition, launch will be early March."

Definitely gonna be on this one!!

see what you're saying but you know you'll be downloadin the stems and having a go regardless. i definitely will be

Here's the latest update...

Our first remix competition in November was an incredible success with nearly 100 producers remixing Icicle's Time To Remember on Shogun Audio.

So we had our work cut out to top it but I think we've managed it. One of the most anticipated albums of the year is Sabre's A Wandering Journal on Critical Recordings and Sabre has just written a track called One Hundred Teeth specially for this competition.

You can download the free track below and in a few weeks time you'll get all the parts.

http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/musictech/knowledge-sabre-remix-competition

Guna give this a go, only been producing 3 months but working from stems it should be ok :) Look forward to getting the bits!

ok i am gonna sound like a right tit here but being a reason user i dont know what you mean by stems.
Is that each separate track in a wav file?

The stems are available through the link below from today, deadline for entries is Sunday May 2nd 2010.

The winning remix will receive £1000 of Addict clothing and a SoundCloud Pro Plus and three runners up will get SoundCloud Lite accounts.

Sabre gives us the brief on what he's looking for in the winning entry and how he approaches remixes...
http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/musictech/knowledge-sabre-remix-competition

Have fun!

4472471351_b6aac9983f.jpg

do we have to just use the samples given or can we add our own stuff?

Back
Top Bottom