S.P.Y. on 1xtra

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Just finished listening to the Hospital Takeover. I thought the show was pretty good until I heard a mention of needles & vinyl...followed by S.P.Y./Nu Tone getting on the decks...great stuff...though I would've loved to have heard a S.P.Y. only set (no disrespect to Nu Tone).

Was also glad to hear S.P.Y will be keeping things dark & filthy on Hospital...potential album in the works...new single in June.

Cheers.

someone on the show mentioned that he has over 3000 tracks on his pc

UNFUCKINGBELIVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. London Elektricity asked him how many tracks he's got made..."3,000." He narrowed it down to about 700 for Hospital to go through lol.

Cheers.

Considering this is on Hospital I think its definitely keeping to his roots, hasn't killed his style just yet, massive tune imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost all respect for him now that he's on Horsepital

See, I thought this initially but. Thinking about it, is he Keeps to his style & sound...whats the problem? I guess he's in a mores secure position now he's got a contract signed....con only be good IMO

Considering this is on Hospital I think its definitely keeping to his roots, hasn't killed his style just yet, massive tune imo.

Yeah sounds Ghost Ridery, if he is exclusively on Hospital gonna miss all the CIA collabs. Can't go wrong with Total Science and Spy.

Yeah. About 60% of producers do. Its lazy

It's not lazy. It's part of what defines a producers 'sound'. when a spy tune comes on, you know It's a spy tune because It's got his signature sounds.

Lost all respect for him now that he's on Horsepital

It's pretty well done on his behalf tbh. he's now secure for a couple of years at minimum and will breath life into a record label that was going stale...

It's not lazy. It's part of what defines a producers 'sound'. when a spy tune comes on, you know It's a spy tune because It's got his signature sounds.

It's pretty well done on his behalf tbh. he's now secure for a couple of years at minimum and will breath life into a record label that was going stale...

Not bothering to create new sounds is lazy.

Recycling is lazy.

With production the possibilities are endless, you're hardly going to break the boundaries if you decide to use the same sounds all the time.

not a fan of hospital, but this tune is sickk

Recycling is lazy.

With production the possibilities are endless, you're hardly going to break the boundaries if you decide to use the same sounds all the time.

Fair point, but building a new kick and snare for every single tune becomes tedious and it can really slow down the creative process for other parts of the track.

Obviously with other, more noticeable elements it can be rather annoying.

Last edited:

Recycling is lazy.

sorry dude and with all due respect. but this kinda thing is what makes the difference from a producer and someone like you. producers just do what sounds best, and not what hasnt been used.

you wont come far with this attitude..

Back
Top Bottom