S.P.Y. - Back To Basics Chapter One (Hospital) Out Aprils 28th

fuck this album is sick...so many awesome tunes, lots of variation. I was counting bars, etc, getting these tunes ready for the bag and realised that although SPY has very simple structures to his tunes (standard 32/48/64 bar intro's and 16/32/48 bar breakdowns) they are not boring and formulae, with great little change-ups and things without messing with phase lengths or anything which makes them totally DJ friendly. What an awesome combination for smashing tunes!!

He is a BAD MAN, can't wait for what Part 2 has in store...

fuck this album is sick...so many awesome tunes, lots of variation. I was counting bars, etc, getting these tunes ready for the bag and realised that although SPY has very simple structures to his tunes (standard 32/48/64 bar intro's and 16/32/48 bar breakdowns) they are not boring and formulae, with great little change-ups and things without messing with phase lengths or anything which makes them totally DJ friendly. What an awesome combination for smashing tunes!!

He is a BAD MAN, can't wait for what Part 2 has in store...

The worst (and only) bad thing about Calibre is the extra bits he adds to some of his tunes, does my fucking head in

Thanks to some annoying youtube spammer, i realized how crazy similiar jelly belly sounds to Gro Bag

Its pretty much a straight out remake

Last edited by a moderator:
^wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

sume gully tunes indeed.

shud of been metalheadz album doe...

Isn't it pretty know, that SPY likes to remake bits and pieces of older tunes? His remix of Annie's Song was a mix pf the original and Mr Majestic

Isn't it pretty know, that SPY likes to remake bits and pieces of older tunes? His remix of Annie's Song was a mix pf the original and Mr Majestic

hmmm, not sure about that - the drums are similar, but it doesn't have much more in common with Mr Majestic at all....

hmmm, not sure about that - the drums are similar, but it doesn't have much more in common with Mr Majestic at all....

As much as I love S.P.Y, it's true that the Annie's Song remix was really similar to Mr Majestic, the bassline was almost identical bar one note right at the end!

Back
Top Bottom