Russla - Ryokan

Nice intro i feel like there should be one more hat slowly coming in at the start and when the bass hits probably a shaker or 2 added to brighten top end, really like how everything fits well i think a few stray gritty bass hits with a different synth (distortion,chorus) might go well to so its not the same bass all the time. I'll be checking for a finished version.

Wicked man thanks for the feedback! I see what you mean about the hat in the intro and the switching up the synth, will have a look at that :)

I really like the track, the intro is very good. But do add some slight variety to the sound especially the background vocal, like a little delay or chorus. Still it is a good track :)

oo really like the rising bass note and the pads!! great tune

I really like the track, the intro is very good. But do add some slight variety to the sound especially the background vocal, like a little delay or chorus. Still it is a good track :)

Thanks dude, yeh will deffo change the bass up/add another synth to keep it fresh :) Glad you're feeling it!

Wow...nice work here Russla. What makes the tune interesting is that it has a "soft" vibe, yet those dissonant bass notes give it a much needed edge/boost in character.

Snare fits perfectly in the mix as do the all the drum parts.

Personally, I'd love to hear just a little bit of variety with the stabbing bass note you have through the track. Maybe a bit of modulation?

Another I'd suggest are maybe some strategically placed fills, just to switch up the groove for a moment (4 to 8 count) and then bring the madness back full force.

Great job, the mixing really hits the spot.

fuck man, liking this

id say dont be afraid to hold back on some stuff

like the drop is interesting as fvck on its own without the sort of twinkly sin synth, you could save that for at least 16 bars later

PLENTY of stuff going on to hold back

Wow...nice work here Russla. What makes the tune interesting is that it has a "soft" vibe, yet those dissonant bass notes give it a much needed edge/boost in character.

Snare fits perfectly in the mix as do the all the drum parts.

Personally, I'd love to hear just a little bit of variety with the stabbing bass note you have through the track. Maybe a bit of modulation?

Another I'd suggest are maybe some strategically placed fills, just to switch up the groove for a moment (4 to 8 count) and then bring the madness back full force.

Great job, the mixing really hits the spot.

Thanks for taking the time to comment man, will deffo have a look into switching things up with fills etc. And yeh listening back I do need to change up some of the background elements more. Will modulate that shit :) Cheers again!

fuck man, liking this

id say dont be afraid to hold back on some stuff

like the drop is interesting as fvck on its own without the sort of twinkly sin synth, you could save that for at least 16 bars later

PLENTY of stuff going on to hold back

Ah ok yeh see what you mean totally! Will try and utilise the different sections a bit better. Sometimes I forget about certain tracks and end up leaving too much going on, thanks for pointing that out :)

Wiwa! This sounds good, one of the few minimal stuff I like. Really digging those legato-portamento-glide high sines... :))

Flawless

Thanks man, good to hear you're feeling it! Just checked your new bits; they're all danger!!

Back
Top Bottom