Russla - Enter & Drumfunk Comp. Mix

Right, finally got around to listening to this! Really enjoyed it Russ. An epic selection of tracks man. Some tight solid mixes throughout aswell!! You also picked tracks that worked well in the mix together! Plus there was a bit of everything in there too, ie, Dancefloor smashers to chilled out rollers.
That intro tune is pretty mad!!! Never heard it before. Bet that would go off in a club.
5) Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off
6) Break - Is This What You Want VIP
^^Went together awesome!!!
All in all, a really top mix bro. I look forward to hearing new mixes from you in the future bro. Keep up the good work!

Woah finally a bit of recognition :) Thanks so much for the comments dude, I really do try and keep my main focus on track selection now, it makes for easy listening if it all flows. The reason why this one goes from bangers to basslines is cos Enter is more of a dancefloor night whereas Drumfunk is a bit more focused on the rollers, playing the game your see!

Yeh that Tablebanger tune is fucking madness, reminds me of the sort of music you'd queing up for some scary ass rollercoster at a theme park or something lol!

I'm doing my first 3 deck bizzle atm so i'll hook you up with a link when its done, cheers again buddy! Hopefully will spur some more interest with a Mods approval (y)

First off man, EPIC intro... very melodic I LOVED it.

Second off and really I could just stop here... you're a monster on the decks.

Rewinds:

Noisia - Last Look --> Lynx & Kemo - Hotriders Pull it! HUGE switch man... god damnit I think Hotriders is INSANE!

------

Bits I was diggin' (besides the whole mix):

DC Breaks - Taken --> Sigma - Dawn Alarm Perfect track selection, on key... if you used your own ears here you got some big talent.

Break - Is This What You Want VIP --> SpectraSoul - Peninsula Heard Peninsula on Nickname's mix and now yours, sooo heavy!

Noisia - Last Look Feelin' the vibe!

------

Parts that could have been better (in my opinion):

BCUK - Bullet Time (Spor Rmx) --> DC Breaks - Taken I was REALLY expecting something a bit more over-the-topish being that bullet time's breakdown is soooo intense, just changed pace a little (good or bad depending on the person).

Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off Played it a little too long...

Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off --> Break - Is This What You Want VIP Ok don't get me wrong, these tracks both are FAT and I definitely am not saying they're garbage... but the placement of the tracks in the mix is almost more important than the track itself.... it almost started flat lining right here for me.

Not sure if its me, the track, or you but the volume goes up a bit @ 9:27 and the levels seem a bit weird in some parts after that (for maybe a second or two, not enough to make any difference)... pretty sure it got fixed (either way I'm not complaining).

Ok I'm going to really critique this here because I think it's something that might help you a lot. Russla you're a badass, plain and simple... you can mix flawlessly, you have a massive selection and a natural ear for what flows together... BUT (and a big BUT at that) you need to work on placement during the mix. I think this one had so much energy at the beginning (I kept tellin' myself to pop this in the CD deck at a house party and go crazy) but then, for me, it seemed to just kinda gradually get deeper... and then deeper... and then even more, until Hiro picked up the vibe just in time for the end. I'm not saying change your track selection, its spot on, I'm saying just arrange the mix so that it flows a bit more smooth... maybe go a different route with a little more beasty tunes.

REALLY REALLY enjoyed this one!!

Rewinds:

Noisia - Last Look --> Lynx & Kemo - Hotriders Pull it! HUGE switch man... god damnit I think Hotriders is INSANE!

------

DC Breaks - Taken --> Sigma - Dawn Alarm Perfect track selection, on key... if you used your own ears here you got some big talent.

Break - Is This What You Want VIP --> SpectraSoul - Peninsula Heard Peninsula on Nickname's mix and now yours, sooo heavy!

------

BCUK - Bullet Time (Spor Rmx) --> DC Breaks - Taken I was REALLY expecting something a bit more over-the-topish being that bullet time's breakdown is soooo intense, just changed pace a little (good or bad depending on the person).

Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off --> Break - Is This What You Want VIP Ok don't get me wrong, these tracks both are FAT and I definitely am not saying they're garbage... but the placement of the tracks in the mix is almost more important than the track itself.... it almost started flat lining right here for me.

Not sure if its me, the track, or you but the volume goes up a bit @ 9:27 and the levels seem a bit weird in some parts after that (for maybe a second or two, not enough to make any difference)... pretty sure it got fixed (either way I'm not complaining).

Ok I'm going to really critique this here because I think it's something that might help you a lot. Russla you're a badass, plain and simple... you can mix flawlessly, you have a massive selection and a natural ear for what flows together... BUT (and a big BUT at that) you need to work on placement during the mix. I think this one had so much energy at the beginning (I kept tellin' myself to pop this in the CD deck at a house party and go crazy) but then, for me, it seemed to just kinda gradually get deeper... and then deeper... and then even more, until Hiro picked up the vibe just in time for the end. I'm not saying change your track selection, its spot on, I'm saying just arrange the mix so that it flows a bit more smooth... maybe go a different route with a little more beasty tunes.

Mate your a proper sound gezza! Everyone will want you to comment on there mixes now you do know that lol!

just changed pace a little (good or bad depending on the person).

Never really thought about this but your are spot on, it does lose a bit of energy for sure..

placement of the tracks in the mix is almost more important than the track itself....

Yeah again agree, i'm really trying to concentrate on placement as this is what's been mentioned to me before by Judda. Still i've only been mixing just coming up 2years so still got a lot to learn when it comes to selection as i've been mainly trying to master EQing etc.

volume goes up a bit @ 9:27

Aye that was me, new mixer that day so you can let me off :) But I had to listen to it a few times to even hear that lol, you got some good ears (y)

it seemed to just kinda gradually get deeper... and then deeper... and then even more,

Ah yeah I hear that, it was because I was trying to cater for 2 different style of club nights in a half hour mix (in hindsight shoulda just done my thing), pretty hard to achieve as you can tell.

Just wana say i've taken all you comments on board and really appreciate the time you put in to leave me some feedback! Safe as fuck!

Rewinds:

------

------

Please do this for my next mix lol!

On the download Russ!

Back
Top Bottom