Rusko as a DJ?

TheTornado

VIP Junglist
i know some people rate his tunes and others don't, he seems like the clipz of the dubstep world. he's playing here tonight and i was thinking of going. what does he usually play? his own stuff? wide variety? i know he occasionally rinses DNB but i'm not so desperate for dnb that i'll go see a dj who'll only play 1-2 tracks.

what do you think?

saw him with caspa before, its mostly remixes of other songs done by him and various other dusbtep artists, also a fair bit of his own stuff too.

If its not particularly expensive go and see it, his mixing was pretty tight from what i remember

yeah it was smart bar.

good show, the place was fucking packed. i can't believe how many people were there. i think it's probably cuz he's one of the most popular names in the scene. it was the first time i'd gone somewhere and had to wait in a cue. granted it was only about 5 mins but it was fucking cold and i just had a hoodie on.

he played a decent set, lots of his own shit... or stuff that sounded like his own. some of the tunes he played were really cheesy, even for him... one that sampled dire straits' 'money for nothing'. he did play some wicked old skool sounding tunes. dropped nero's 'hypercaine' remix which i was glad about. ended with some DNB - TC's remix of 'riverside' then like 5 original sin tracks in a row.

the man is extremely fun to watch and you can tell he really loves what he does. he was never once standing still. he also dances like i dance, busting gun fingers and just generally being silly. which i respect. i believe he had to be on something, no one can keep up that energy for a full 1.5 hrs without stopping. if he was sober, which i have no reason to believe he wasn't, i have all the more respect for him. dude is crazy and seems like a genuinely cool person.

Rusko just tore down a show I was @ in Buffalo, tons of huge tunes; and he rinsed some sick jump up for the last 15 minutes of his set; also he spins w/out shoes on which was cool

Back
Top Bottom