Running 1000 mk's but having problem transporting them.

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Fliparix, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Fliparix

Fliparix New Member

Hey guys!

I'm running 2x Pioneer CDJ 1000 mk2's and 1x mk3 and I'v been slowly branching to playing at nights out. The
    problems I am running into are

-Transporting them about, I'v looked around for carry cases but can't find anything affordable? Most cases I
    found are £70+ a piece and for 3 CDJ's that isn't cheap :/

-When playing at nights out/home after longer mixing sessions I have been getting a stiff & painful neck, anything
    I can do to ease the pain a bit during or after mixing?

If anybody has the time to help me out I would be appreciative :)

2. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

You could always look out for a soft bag for them, theyre usually cheaper than the hard cases.

Your stiff neck is down to your deck height when playing, get a higher table!

3. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Maybe try angling the decks up a bit too so you're not bent over the table in order to see the screen.

4. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I had the same issue when people kept wanting to use my 800s.. in the end I bit the bullet and bought proper flightcases. Tbh youve spent over a grand on the decks, £70 per deck to properly protect them is well worth it. Will give you peace of mind too. The ones I got you could also take the lid off and slide a bit out in front of the CD slot so you dont have to actually take them out of the flight case to operate them.

- - - Updated - - -

These ones:

[​IMG]

made by roadready

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

This is RSI, no matter how much you move stuff to be the perfect height etc you will start to ache. Listen to your body init - And raise the table, anything to make it more comfortable.

Flight cases are the dogs, but i just wrapped each CDJ in a blanket which worked lol. if you dont drive like a peenus then this will protect them.