Runner - K-Head

Loving the bassline DOT, really heavy stuff. Sounds as if it could have more impact to my ear though.
Great throwback to the nineties on the drum front (maybe a bit much high end though). Tech step id call this, one of my favorite genres from 90's 00's so yeah great stuff!

Loving the bassline DOT, really heavy stuff. Sounds as if it could have more impact to my ear though.
Great throwback to the nineties on the drum front (maybe a bit much high end though). Tech step id call this, one of my favorite genres from 90's 00's so yeah great stuff!
Thank you brother. Been listening to a lot of the 90's techstep recently... By impact to your ear are you referring to volume or punch?

you know what it is mate, its the vocal sound that kinda evil breathing thing that detracts from the sound. EQ the low end out of that i think or tame it then see if you can bring more lows out of the bass?

you know what it is mate, its the vocal sound that kinda evil breathing thing that detracts from the sound. EQ the low end out of that i think or tame it then see if you can bring more lows out of the bass?
not sure what sound you mean bro, you mean the vocal sound right before the drop? it's the only vocal bit in the tune... oddly enough i think i forgot to cut the lows!

I left feedback,

"Scary Lead in the Intro, sounds like Freddy coming to lay down some DnB. I would enjoy Mixing into this I can already tell... mmm, that Sub on the Drop is naaasty. I like this, it's ugly as can be. I wish the Highs weren't so bright, a little bright for my taste. The KD and SD are smacking really well, it's the Hatwork that could use a smidge less brightness imho. 2:15 - I appreciate the introduction of more Low End layers, mean ones too. 2:41 - That bass sound sounds like Godzilla taking a dump, evil.

3:00ish - A spoken word sample would really liven up this section... perhaps something from a Monster movie, that'd be cheeky. The only thing I'd add would be some filter automation on either your Bass patches, or the Mid-Range layers accompanying your Bass (if any), or both.

I think the Outro to needs to be doubled. Overall, I like it. Heavy hitter that gets the job done in under 6 minutes."

I left feedback,

"Scary Lead in the Intro, sounds like Freddy coming to lay down some DnB. I would enjoy Mixing into this I can already tell... mmm, that Sub on the Drop is naaasty. I like this, it's ugly as can be. I wish the Highs weren't so bright, a little bright for my taste. The KD and SD are smacking really well, it's the Hatwork that could use a smidge less brightness imho. 2:15 - I appreciate the introduction of more Low End layers, mean ones too. 2:41 - That bass sound sounds like Godzilla taking a dump, evil.

3:00ish - A spoken word sample would really liven up this section... perhaps something from a Monster movie, that'd be cheeky. The only thing I'd add would be some filter automation on either your Bass patches, or the Mid-Range layers accompanying your Bass (if any), or both.

I think the Outro to needs to be doubled. Overall, I like it. Heavy hitter that gets the job done in under 6 minutes."

generous and valuable feedback thank you brother

evil lead is evil in the intro, do not change that. cool reverse cymbals/noise for tension, snare in the intro don't have that "snap" factor to it.. ahh yes there it is buddo. evil bass and snare fills out on the drop nicely. Could use some more elements in the drop to fill it out a bit, but that gnarly bass is a great start for sure man! needs some dark deep wubs to offset the gnarly thing, and i'm not a fan of the screech noise that comes in at 1:54, just a bit too much imo.

All in all, as always, good stuff buddy!

Back
Top Bottom