RUNAWAY FROM ME - westcoast beat

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
Yo! we had some good friends from US west coast here last weekend, inspired me to this tune.
it's no dnb but it rolls so nicely on just 160 bpm so I kept the speed down and avoided too many beats.

by the way, I got the KU11 update this week as an early birthday gift to myself.
can really recommend to anyone, some awesome synths and effects.
"summer of sound" sales with 50% off is still on till JUL2 !!

any feedback welcome. cheers!

final edit June 28th:

Last edited:
not sure if this is drum n bass..

its good though... the sound.. like daft punk maybe?

too much treble for me. . hurts my head.

Yessir, it's no dnb as I wrote above ...
But thanks for reaching out still! :2thumbs:
I was trying to do something different here as I get easily get bored of the 'normal' ...
Too much treble are u sure .. I cut already so much in the high frequency ranges, i will check on that, cheers! :cool:

Last edited:
Love the vibe and especially nice work on that snare drum, also kick for that matter. Reminds me of some autonomic dbridge stuff he played on his podcast as inspiration. nice!

Great! Glad u can feel this one! Should I reduce treble as cats suggests? I think he could be right...my tracks are always too bright.

Just checked again, and yes the treble seems a bit high. Possibly look at using some compression on the high frequencies?/ or just scooping with eq but the brightness of your tracks is something that in my opinion, is generally good ie to me your tracks generally have a shine or crispiness to them that i can't seem to achieve but try to.

Just checked again, and yes the treble seems a bit high. Possibly look at using some compression on the high frequencies?/ or just scooping with eq but the brightness of your tracks is something that in my opinion, is generally good ie to me your tracks generally have a shine or crispiness to them that i can't seem to achieve but try to.

Awesome feedback this!! :cool:
I'm always concerned my tracks sound too tinny brighty and u say it's actually crisp at ur side! Still I'll work on reducing treble in this track here, I think it needs more definition in the higher frequency ranges. Cheers bro! :teeth:

Hey maschinistom,
nice track, summer vibes!
Very good percussive elements & drum breaks and good usage of vocals!
In my opinion the synths and some of the vocals are a bit too loud / dominating compared to the other elements (June 20 edit)
Big ups!

Hey maschinistom,
nice track, summer vibes!
Very good percussive elements & drum breaks and good usage of vocals!
In my opinion the synths and some of the vocals are a bit too loud / dominating compared to the other elements (June 20 edit)
Big ups!

U are right mate, just compared both versions on simple speakers and found exactly what u wrote. Oddly jun19 sounds better while jun 20 seems better on my big system. Guess will need to change that again ... :confused: thanks for ur feedback bro :2thumbs:

all elements nicely sit in the arrangement! It's cool tune, makes me want to mix with footwork tracks for the contrast. definitely summer tune! :)

Back
Top Bottom