RUN DNB?

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
just wondering is run dnb some self owned label by chemical records,dint think anythink of it till i keep seeing exclusives on there andwhen i look at the record label it says run dnb???if so fairplay to em as there are big named exclusives like ed rush n optical-crackball and break-bass face.

http://soundcloud.com/run-dnb

I dont like that they are releasing it sololy on their own store. I don't like that they are buying out lot of peoples music, at least thats my impression. A lot of labels are having their identity, doing parties trying to push the scene while I think that run-dnb was built to sell x-amount of records to get another extra cash and to get more people in to their own store. I could be wrong? The output actually is not bad I just dont like monopolies.

http://soundcloud.com/run-dnb

I dont like that they are releasing it sololy on their own store. I don't like that they are buying out lot of peoples music, at least thats my impression. A lot of labels are having their identity, doing parties trying to push the scene while I think that run-dnb was built to sell x-amount of records to get another extra cash and to get more people in to their own store. I could be wrong? The output actually is not bad I just dont like monopolies.

I see what you mean and yeah I think that's one reason amongst others

RUN DNB is the new in-house drum & bass label operating out of Chemical Records store in Bristol. A Chemical-backed imprint has been on the cards for years but they've been waiting for the right time. Now they have the right tunes and the proper infrastructure in place they're launching with DJ Fresh - Off World / The Funktion (pictured) - Direct Order in November.

Who is involved with running RUN DNB?
Mark and Luke take care of the A&R. Mark is one of the directors at Chemical and Luke heads up the music department. Handling label management and publishing is Ian who also A&R's for the dubstep labels here at Chemical.

What's the concept behind the label?
We wanted to create a high quality DnB imprint that not only releases the heavy hitters but also nurtures and develops the next generation of talent.

Having a DJ Fresh track on your debut release is certainly a statement of intent, how did you come to sign this track?
We've always been massive fans of Fresh's work. When we first heard Off World we knew it was something special, and when we discovered it wasn't getting released, we picked up the phone! We've had a lot of dealings with Fresh in the past so we arranged a meeting. After a few coffees, a salt beef sandwich and much arm-twisting, he agreed!

Tell us more about The Funktion and his track on the flip...
Well, we have our designer, Jamie to thank for this one (thanks Jamie!). He introduced us to Funktion's music and it piqued our interest to say the least. We had always said that as soon as we found the right artist with the right sound, the label could run. At just 22-years-old, the debut vinyl release Direct Order is just a taste of things to come from The Funktion, hailing from Oxfordshire.

Do you have any other releases lined up yet?
This debut 12" is part one of a four part launch-series with plenty more in the pipeline from the likes of The Funktion, Break, Audio and Total Science. Watch this space!

Did the inspiration for the label's name come from the T-shirts you do?
The name was actually derived from our website address d-n-b.co.uk. The label was really the precursor to the T-shirt - like all good things the label has taken longer to create but we didn't want to rush it.

Taken from knowledge mag...

Yeah that Bass Face tune is big.

Is Blackout Music a label of theirs too? Some SERIOUS business coming on that..

next release is SPY remix of total science - squash
and marky and SPY remix of total science - soul patrol
big release fo sho

Back
Top Bottom