Ruffhouse and Gremlinz announce new label uvb-76

Paradox, Rupture, Sec Ops, Signature...plenty of stuff on their site that isn't 'whale music xD'.

2 new bits up on UVB 76 bandcamp (also on void vinyl, looks like the other EPs that came out this year are now on there as well)

UVB76-011 - Various 'Two Spirits' EP
https://uvb-76music.bandcamp.com/album/uvb76-011

UVB76-012 - Overlook 'Public Image' EP
https://uvb-76music.bandcamp.com/album/uvb76-012

Soundcloud Previews:
UVB76-011 -
UVB76-012 -
Overlook EP is not 170 bpm btw

all about that forest drive west track. it's the intro tune played by clarity in his dj mag bunker set.
such a dark driving tool.

but overlook kills it all. friend of mine (who's deep into bunkeresque techno) listening to the tunes pessimist did most recently, plus the midtempo ones by overlook right here, was like: "fuckin hell, what is this ?"

it's mad.

Last edited:
I just cant get into this sound anymore. The tunes are very dark yes, and hold a good atmosphere, but nothing really stands out - its a lot like ASC & Auxiliary's latest output, EP after EP of 128 kicks. It's hard to explain, I just find it all really dull, even UVB's 170 bits, I just can't get into them.
It's a shame because I used to love the Ruffhouse / UVB / Pessimist etc. sound, but they're almost TOO minimal, too industrial now. They're just not very memorable.

I listen to a lot of techno now, so it's not like I don't like the genre, but this 'sound' is just so boring. The last good UVB bit out was Overlook's 'All of Them Witches' EP, with the title tune being packed full of menace, but the last few have been a real let down.
Who knows, maybe i'm not hearing them properly, maybe I need to hear them played out in a brutalist cellar - or maybe my taste has just changed, could be I prefer music that's a little more 'prominent' than 6 minutes of kicks and a few moody pads.
I recently heard Pinch & Headhunter play a b2b set and those are tunes that I think are the driving force behind techno & bass music right now. Dark - yes, aggressive - yes, weighty - very; but also interesting and most importantly - unforgettable

Feeling these new ones on 4 6 2 5 and Droogs. Holsten track is a killer.

I just cant get into this sound anymore. The tunes are very dark yes, and hold a good atmosphere, but nothing really stands out - its a lot like ASC & Auxiliary's latest output, EP after EP of 128 kicks. It's hard to explain, I just find it all really dull, even UVB's 170 bits, I just can't get into them.
It's a shame because I used to love the Ruffhouse / UVB / Pessimist etc. sound, but they're almost TOO minimal, too industrial now. They're just not very memorable.

I listen to a lot of techno now, so it's not like I don't like the genre, but this 'sound' is just so boring. The last good UVB bit out was Overlook's 'All of Them Witches' EP, with the title tune being packed full of menace, but the last few have been a real let down.
Who knows, maybe i'm not hearing them properly, maybe I need to hear them played out in a brutalist cellar - or maybe my taste has just changed, could be I prefer music that's a little more 'prominent' than 6 minutes of kicks and a few moody pads.
I recently heard Pinch & Headhunter play a b2b set and those are tunes that I think are the driving force behind techno & bass music right now. Dark - yes, aggressive - yes, weighty - very; but also interesting and most importantly - unforgettable

I know what you're saying man. I helped run a label many years back & listened to this sound sooooo much that I pretty much got over it. These days music like this needs an edge of some type to keep me interested. Whether that be a decent drum break, b line, or vocal, just anything to break up the same old minimal sound. In saying that when UVB-76 get it right they really do it right, like some of the Overlook tracks, there was a Skitty one too from memory...

New Outer Heaven EP, sounding good. Loved his last EP for the label as well.

New Outer Heaven EP, sounding good. Loved his last EP for the label as well.

yep, it's big. "still waters" is a hypnotizer.

You were right man! Really thought it was gonna be Samurai though as I thought Nekyia had new music coming on UVB-76

Pessimist - Burundanga Ep (18th Oct)

A1. Burundanga
A2. Lithosphere
AA1. Paian (Simon Shreeve Remix)
AA2. Thug

oh, and how good is that. been waiting for the opener since heard in his mix for crack magazine. has been rinsed a lot by the ones like loxy, forest drive west and such. tune is sneaky af and i'm hyped for "thug", too.
also interesting to read who's behind simon shreeve. love their remix.

Liking the Friske bit off this, played in Clarity's latest mix

Gremlinz, Jesta & Kalu - Monolith
Friske - City Limits

Droogs 005 - around 4th March

Was hoping for the new Clarity plate to be next, but...

Bokeh - Mars & Blaze EP (around 17th April) only 1 DNB bit :-/

a1. Gathering Traces
a2. Explored On Film
b1. Several Decades Of Depression
b2. Other Special Occasions

Uvb76-015

Back
Top Bottom