Ruff Rugged N Raw Vip -> bad drumwork?

JimJapBap

when mixing this song (off the sideshow ep freak006) i noticed one measure(4 beats) of one loop matches fine with the other record im playin but then the beats switch and are sequenced a bit different on the next measure and don't line up (to the other record im mixing) that well, but when it switches back to the original measure it matches up back fine again, but then when it switches to the diffrent sequence (you guessed it) it's off. I've tried mixing it with plenty of different records and everytime it does this. Does anyone else no what im talking about or am i totally in the dark. It's a shame cause i really like the tune just have a hell of a time mixing it out for a while, and i hate just mixing two songs for a little then switching it over.

It's like one of them oldskool chops, gives it a nice sound but is pretty damn hard to mix
There was a defcom one like this too.

Best to mix a track in that has a quiet intro, like just a hihat or whatever

freeagent said:
I think Jay had this complaint about the original mix.

Just do a quick cut over to the next tune :)

Yeah the timing are out on both versions imo, if 4 of the beats are in an 4 are out, just cut the in the correct 4 with the fader, and use a nice bit fader choppin to keep the off beats outta the mix an to bring in those edits at the end with the vocals :mkay:

Its a bit lame really when you see how tight Evol Intents edit work is, youd of thought more effort woulda gone into the this, especially when the original had the same off-edit :gimp:

thank god someone else else noticed this i thought i was going mad and all my skills flew out the window or something. I'm just not gonna mix it, i mean i like the song but im not gonna show any support or love for it if it was done half assed. I like the idea on the drumwork and all that but its definately not as on point as evol intent's stuff. I can mix corrupt cops rmx all the way through and the beats are right on the whole time.

Just wanted to say that the original was very nice but this remix is as you ukers say... "pants" which I think means its bad.... although I thought pants in the clothing sense was a good thing. I guess it depends on your view of pants.

1992 said:
Just wanted to say that the original was very nice but this remix is as you ukers say... "pants" which I think means its bad.... although I thought pants in the clothing sense was a good thing. I guess it depends on your view of pants.

what makes you think it's so bad?? i think its heavier :P

illv//

He said in another thread that he wished the 'vip' had been devoted to more than just an added rap section, in particular more/better/different rave stabs, bleeps, and semi-chipmunks (j/k)

jay walker said:
Its a bit lame really when you see how tight Evol Intents edit work is, youd of thought more effort woulda gone into the this, especially when the original had the same off-edit :gimp:

Who says tunes have to be made with the intention of being a piece of piss to mix, maybe it's in there on purpose to keep you on your toes :D

freeagent said:
He said in another thread that he wished the 'vip' had been devoted to more than just an added rap section, in particular more/better/different rave stabs, bleeps, and semi-chipmunks (j/k)

I agree.

The track could have been really beautiful but they waisted plastic on ......this.

At least the original was decent and the flip side was a nice tracky 1992 type track with a slight wonka beats vibe.

1992 said:
I agree.

The track could have been really beautiful but they waisted plastic on ......this.

At least the original was decent and the flip side was a nice tracky 1992 type track with a slight wonka beats vibe.

4 real man? I think the track is pretty good! so what if you have wuss tracks that cant mix out of it :)

illv//

i wasn't trying to say if it was a good song or bad or whatever but just that im dissiapointed that they couldn't have had more tighter production on it. I liked how they used the switches and loops they used but it really just all falls apart if your trying to mix it. I mean who the fuck wants to pitch it up for a measure then pitch it down then back up then back down then back up all while you're trying to mix another one in, i'd have to grow another fucking arm to do that and make it sound like i was mixing two quality produced tracks.

JimJapBap said:
i wasn't trying to say if it was a good song or bad or whatever but just that im dissiapointed that they couldn't have had more tighter production on it. I liked how they used the switches and loops they used but it really just all falls apart if your trying to mix it. I mean who the fuck wants to pitch it up for a measure then pitch it down then back up then back down then back up all while you're trying to mix another one in, i'd have to grow another fucking arm to do that and make it sound like i was mixing two quality produced tracks.

Have you heard any dj mix this track? IE. world-class?

illv//

Back
Top Bottom