Rude 104.3FM London - DJ Kalinski & MC Prime

Parka

Does anybody remember these guys from Rude FM? I think they used to play on the station back in 1997. MC Prime was a different kind of MC, not Skibadee style, more MC Conrad but he used to have the maddest thought provoking, almost political lyrics.

If anybody remembers these guys, post up your opinions about them. Also, does anyone know what they are doing nowadays? I would love to hear that MC Prime is still in the D&B game

yeah i remember him he was part of the livid crew on rude 104.3 back in the day b4 the station split in2 2 seperate stations,now rude fm 88.2 and ruud awakening 104.3,he was good used 2 do scratching and stuff like a human beatbox kinda style good deep lyrics,i think he was american or something.
Rude were wicked back then when u consider who they had on there.
dj stylie +2shy mc
dylan + facs
ruffstuff+ mc fun
flapjack + mc krazie b
smokey joe
majistrate + mc evil b (now b-live grime mc)
cruel intensions etc etc bad boy station that was hurting kool fm in the day shame they splitt.

Cheers for replying. I have posted this on other forums and your the only person that remembers the MC Prime.

yeah, I remember Flapjack + MC Krazie B. They were wicked.

Would love to know what he is doing now? Anybody out there know?

Dunno those guys, but have had some good times at squat parties, to the Rude Awakenings sound system. Including Millenium night in Shoreditch which they broadcast live from the rave, the MC was slipping all his radio phone line shouts in amongst his live rave chatting...

Deep underground

(y) ;)

:shit_happ

Mad to think that people actually remember!! Well it was a sad story in the end. We out grew the venues we were playing in brixton and were getting stiffed on the money, so we went for a venue in soho on a friday and crashed and burned. The crew all fell out over money and it all went pear shaped. I think Prime is still involved with the BAD crew and they sometimes play on Gaia live (internet radio). I got a job, but trying to get music out!

I used to love dj'ing with prime he used to really get the best out of me. Always inside the music rather than chatting over the top. You could always create a real journey with him. Rude was an experience too :eek:

hope that fills in the gaps

peace Kalinski

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom