RP Distort Plugin: The Mother of All Distortion Plugins.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
I recently purchased Predator and as a bonus received RP-Distort. After experimenting for several days I thought I'd post a mini write up.

I've tried many distortion plugins on the market–both Logic's natives and some 3rd party. The problem I'd often run into is that distortion plugin "A" would have a nice character, but would lack the options that would allow me to fine tune it to my taste or properly modulate it. So then I'd go to distortion plugin "B" which would have all the bells and whistles in terms of advanced features, but would lack the tone I was looking for. In the end I'd have to stack up several different plugins to achieve the sound I was looking for, and more often than not by the time I found the "sound" I wanted, I'd have a listen a couple days later and realize it sounded like shit.

RP-Distortion has it all:
  • Great distortion character options (tube, amp simulator, bitcrush, waveshape, and way too many more to list)
  • Built-in EQ
  • Built-in Filter
  • Built-in Compressor
  • Built-in Modulation
  • Can be MIDI controlled via Pitch/Mod Wheel.

I try not to shill products, but honestly, this little fucker has really opened my eyes to new sound potential and has saved me a lot of time when it comes to adding some meat to a sound (drums, bass, synth, vocal, etc.). I'm of the opinion that if a plugin can not only improve your workflow but also open new creative possibilities, it's well worth talking about and potentially adding to the collection. For only $69/€49, it's worth its weight in gold.

Just my .02.

Cheers.

Cool man, as an Albino owner I got to download this for free but haven't really got into it. Gonna have to give it a go!

Well i purchased predator a long time ago (the 1st plugin I bought), does this mean I can grab this for free too?

Afraid not fletch. I believe it was a bonus if you purchased an RP product during December. But who knows, maybe drop Rob an email...

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

How much is predator?? Last i saw it was £130. i could do with buying it proper, rather than this *ahem* try b4 i buy version

If you buy it from B&H it's $149 USD. The only downer is it takes them about 24 hours to send you the license. But for saving almost $40, it's worth it.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

i find tessla really good, bootsy is a genius, and its free, but sometimes not quite extreme enough for me, might have to try the demo. there is a demo right? or somethuing?

Interestingly enough, it seems this is the only product (RP Distort) that doesn't have a demo, though I swear I saw a link for a demo to it last week...

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Cool man, as an Albino owner I got to download this for free but haven't really got into it. Gonna have to give it a go!

I was the same way at first. I decided I'd open it for a quick second to check it out...and wound up spending about 2 hours playing around.

Back
Top Bottom