Routing E-MU 1616 Mic input to Ventrilo

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
So I've been trying to achieve this whole day, but can't get it to work.
I'm also a beatboxer and I want to use my Shure mic in Ventrilo, the program used by gamers to speak to each other, but also used by beatboxers to 'communicate'.

Now how the fuck would I route this?

I have my mic going in the XLR input on my E-MU 1616 Microdock. Now how do I go from here? I've tried linking the MIC A to an ASIO OUT, but Ventrilo only saw E-MU ASIO and DirectSound as main input device. So that doesn't works, since I need an option like ASIO 3/4 which the MIC A is sended to.

Now I also have heard somewhere that the WAVE 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 have something to do with DirectSound, but I'm not quite sure how this works. i have just read the entire manual of the E-MU 1616 Soundcard, found out some things but not what I was looking for.

So how do I hook my Shure mic up with a program like Ventrilo? It should be possible with an high-end soundcard like this. Any help appreciated!

Put a send to the effect slot on the mix channel to HOST WAVE, or something like that. Just r-click on the empty slot in the mix input channel and select 'insert send (output to ASIO/WAVE blahblah) and from the pop-up select HOST WAVE L/R. Be careful with feedback loops though, might get nasty. I'm not 100% on this since I've never used Ventrilo that way.

But the answer is definately in the sends.

Yeahh okay I tried that but the option HOST WAVE is not selectable, like it's already in use or something.

HMMMMMMMmmmmm. Do you have Ventrilo turned on while you tried it? Is it in use? Remember you can resize the Patchmix window to see all the channels available, if there is are sends on some channels, click on them to see where they are routed to.

Of course, you also need a HOST WAVE channel strip in the patchmix mixer. R-click on the grey area in the channels, select "append new strip" and choose Host Source - Windows Source - Wave 1/2. It's been a while since I tried anything on the patchmix (I got an external mixer to take care of all that) so I'm not exactly sure how it was done.

Back
Top Bottom