Rounder - Searching Inside - Feedback Appreciated

Rounder RG

New one from me. Most of this was constructed from two samples I've nabbed from an early 2000's jazz album by the same artist.

Been trying lots of different things to make my drums shuffle as they always seem a bit too simple in the kick/snare pattern. Last one I did was all single hits, this one is all from layered and eq'd breaks.

Happy to have all feedback, good and bad!

hello. nice tune, good vibes. like it. interesting use of samples for sure. imo, some of the keys don't match, esp. the vocal lines or piano melody with background synths. maybe someone with profound piano / music knowledge could help? sound wise very nice, i like your drum work, clear and punchy but not overdone. overall sound is also good. like your track !! :2thumbs:

hello. nice tune, good vibes. like it. interesting use of samples for sure. imo, some of the keys don't match, esp. the vocal lines or piano melody with background synths. maybe someone with profound piano / music knowledge could help? sound wise very nice, i like your drum work, clear and punchy but not overdone. overall sound is also good. like your track !! :2thumbs:

Thanks for listening, always appreciate the feedback you provide. I just double checked the original key of the Melody Garot piano sample (which I thought was D Major for some reason) and its actually D Minor. Must have been a late night when I tried to work it out originally! Not a huge difference between the two and i'm fairly sure I only play a simple fifths in the root note with the background chords so it might not an even be an issue as 1 and 5 are identical in the two keys.

2016_05_05_08_24_07.png

I'll shuffle a few notes of the backgrounds chords to fix my mistake if I do have any rogue 3rds in there. If the key fix makes a noticeable difference I'll repost but its hard enough getting feedback on this forum once, let alone twice for the same track :)

Thanks for the feedback on the drums, that was the real focus of this one as I've been struggling to get a nice punchy sound.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.

Thick drums bro! Nice in the front and punchy. It's just personal preference, but I would put a bit more reverb on the snare so it rolls out more. Anyway, the track has a really nice soothing atmosphere, with enough elements to keep it interesting to listen :) Yes, the bass can be a bit more audible/rumbling. Maybe EQ the audible part of the bass (I guess around 300hz) or so that it becomes more audible (or try to mid side EQ that part, not the lows of the sub though).

Hey very nice track! I like the drums, they come out nice and clear over the mix. That subtle dissonance with the different chords and melodies gives it a very special and deep feeling, i love it, you should keep doing that; however, in this track you might have overdone that a tiny bit, the vocals didn't seem to fit in very much, to me they seemed a little off-key, but maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, great track I enjoyed that.

Hey very nice track! I like the drums, they come out nice and clear over the mix. That subtle dissonance with the different chords and melodies gives it a very special and deep feeling, i love it, you should keep doing that; however, in this track you might have overdone that a tiny bit, the vocals didn't seem to fit in very much, to me they seemed a little off-key, but maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, great track I enjoyed that.

Nice one. Thanks for listening.

The vocal is taken from the same track as the other samples so I would hope they are in key. I did have to do a bit of audio warping to get it working at the new tempo so its probably for that reason it sounds a little off. Probably stay away from vocals on the next one as I found it pretty difficult to work with.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen

Last edited:
Thick drums bro! Nice in the front and punchy. It's just personal preference, but I would put a bit more reverb on the snare so it rolls out more. Anyway, the track has a really nice soothing atmosphere, with enough elements to keep it interesting to listen :) Yes, the bass can be a bit more audible/rumbling. Maybe EQ the audible part of the bass (I guess around 300hz) or so that it becomes more audible (or try to mid side EQ that part, not the lows of the sub though).

Nice one. Thanks for feedback.

Where to start with this one.

Right up my streeeet, loving this one.

Drums coming through nicely, hats sound crisp. Overall background work sounds great loving the jazzy vibe (dat piano tho)

Only thing I can say really is the intro being a bit sparse maybe some reverse hats sprinkled with some massive reverb hits eq'd really high?

I'd love to have a more soulful vocal on this one but this is just nit picking.

Overall liking this tune a lot, really nice vibe to kick back to!

If you could feedback me too that would be great.

https://dnbforum.com/threads/detached-reflections-wip-feedback-needed.191713/

Back
Top Bottom