Rounder - Past Midnight - Feedback Appreciated

Rounder RG

New track from me.

Last track I posted up the common feedback was that the sections were too independent and needed more fills, leads, variations, etc.. to introduce the next 16. Also recently finished the Icicle production course over at Loopmasters and he talks about "arcs" where one bar leads into the next. That was my focus for this one. Hopefully its better than the last.

All feedback welcomed, good and bad :)

good track. flows well, sound is fine. a bit weak on the drums though, try some EQ and maximiser to bring more in front. (y)

Cool sound man, nice and mellow with some interesting sound design. I'd say your bass lines could really poke through the mix, and sound a touch lacking. The subs are alright imo but could just use some more oomph, possibly in the way of a pinch of distortion/chorus to bring out the high end slightly, just make sure you got nice clean subs in mono, especially if you're using a chorus. :) Drums could also be a bit crisper, especially the snare. Real nice flow though and loads of potential man!

Track sounds really mint mate! I'd only suggest indeed to make the snare more crisp and rolling. Or replace it with a clap, that also adds to the vibe. Furthermore it may be cool to let some extra percussion (ride, break etc.) come in at a certain point. :)

Nice one. Really struggling to get that sharp liquid snare sound. All my attempts are a little way off, I must just be picking the wrong sounds to start with!

I tried for ages to add another layer of percussion around 02:00 when the synths/blips drop out but for the life of me couldn't get anything to fit. Just gave up in the end, maybe next time :)

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

I really really like that fluttery synth, by far my fav part of the track. As far as constructive criticism, there is a short drone sound at 1:49 that sounds like it might be slightly off-pitch, I think it affects things later on too. Also, I agree on the percussion suggestion, just adding some random perc loops and shakers will help the beat get moving more. Great vibe already \m/

Back
Top Bottom