Rounder - Apologetic Soul - Feedback Appreciated

Rounder RG

Really happy with how this one turned out. Probably means that someone will point out a really obvious fault within minutes :) I know the sparse breakdown won't be everyones cup of tea but adding anything else, even a simple hi hat seemed to sound a bit naff.

Love to know what you think. Comments, questions and any feedback at all will be welcomed!

I like the feel of the track. If i was going to critique any part about it is i would say add some risers, impacts or downsweeps to break up to the different sections. I find it connects the different phrases together whilst adding a little variation. Overall i think its a nice minimal track though. All the elements are nicely arranged and the mix is good overall. Nice work.

All this is just advice... DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO!!!!!

Theres a high end disto noise thats a little weird ya know, the panning one and the bass sounds like it needs a little eq for a cleaner sound. Other than that nice tune reminds me a little of Mutt.

All the elements are nicely arranged and the mix is good overall. Nice work.

Thanks for taking the time to listen

Theres a high end disto noise thats a little weird ya know, the panning one and the bass sounds like it needs a little eq for a cleaner sound. Other than that nice tune reminds me a little of Mutt.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a really high passed single string that filters around a bit over the top end to fill out that range. Might go back in and take another look but I'll probably just take the feedback and move onto the next thing. Nice one for listening and taking the time to provide something constructive.

Its ok tbh just a little distracting. I would concentrate on your bass here... Although i may be wrong on this because im adjusting my ears on a new soundcard it just feels as if your letting too much mid range through. But i do like it thanks for the follow on Soundcloud!

Although i may be wrong on this because im adjusting my ears on a new soundcard it just feels as if your letting too much mid range through.

Feedback on my last track was that the bass needed a little bit more mid range, probably over compensating on this one. Hopefully the next track will have it bang in the middle of the two!

Yess Rounder, big ups on this one! Your mastering is clean, and I have to say the vibe of this track makes me wanna smoke something to it (which is good ;). I like how you used the voice and the reversed piano sample in combination with the stringpad in the background which keeps it fresh and steppy.
The percussion is also nicely panned so it all has its own place and natural sounding. Maybe its my headphone but the bass is a tiny bit too present (for my taste), but that's nothing problematic! There's nothing else that's sounding odd so keep this up, as this is quality.

Its ok tbh just a little distracting. I would concentrate on your bass here... Although i may be wrong on this because im adjusting my ears on a new soundcard it just feels as if your letting too much mid range through. But i do like it thanks for the follow on Soundcloud!

You've got good ears my friend. The filter that was sweeping around on this string had quite a high resonance and caused some weirdness. I couldn't hear it in the mix myself but when solo'd it was a bit more obvious. I've also taken a few db's out of the mid range of the bass and agree that it sounds a little more solid. Thanks for your advice, I've updated the track above with the subtle changes. Not expecting you to listen again though ;)

There's nothing else that's sounding odd so keep this up, as this is quality

Thanks for listening Battletek, always appreciate you taking the time to feedback.

Liking the ideas within this. Nice roller with plenty of variation to keep it interesting...the piano and the rhodes playing off each other works really well. Break is punchy and the mixdown is spot on. Always love a good arp as well;)

As mentioned before maybe some more fx to keep it rolling. Also that second bass needs a little cleaning up or saturation to cut through.

Yup the updated version sounds sick. Really like the vibe and filter work. The sounds work really well together.

wow that break sounds lovely, solid vibe. But totally agree about that high pitch noise not sure what that is but i would switch it out for another pad or something. It doesnt really serve any purpose in the track at all and is distracting..

This tune is totally dope without it..

EDIT: I'm guessing you switched out what was there before but im still hearing this fizzy sounding noise up in the high frequencies that doesnt really sit with the tune

EDIT: I'm guessing you switched out what was there before but im still hearing this fizzy sounding noise up in the high frequencies that doesnt really sit with the tune

Are you talking about the sound that is most noticable at 03:00? I've got a small fx sample of some electrical / voltage noises that plays in amongst some other incidental sounds just to pad things out and provide a bit of high end variation. I think its got some ping pong delay in it to pan it about and still provide some rhythm. Listening again it might be a bit high in the mix. Having a bit of a creative lull at the moment and need a break from the track i'm working on so I might go back in on this to tweak that sound down (or just remove it). Thanks for taking the time to feedback.

It's sounding even better mixed now (y) :) Will you release this?

If I upload again with the fx samples lower in the mix I'll turn on downloads. Thanks for listening again.

Love it. Great composition. Just listening on my budget phone and still sound very clear. Loud too. As for so far, nice job on the mastering.

If I was you I would spice up the beats every now and then with breaks, slightly out of the 8 or 16 bar comfort zone. Keeps the track alive. Still, the groove you pulled is worthy.

May I ask... what was your instrument of creation for this mighty fine track?
I drop only fl studio mobile on my Soundcloud, untill I finally master the skill of writing great tunes. And then I will switch back to some hardware gear I still have. But you know, I had too much choice, so got lost in the overkill of posibilities. So know I limit myself for a while. But it is hard though to not touch my toys...

I checked your Soundcloud...

That's kinda like the music I really like.

thumbs_up_through_wall_T.png

Back
Top Bottom