Roots Manuva Slime N Reason Tour

Eris One

Just gotta say i saw roots Manuva last week on his Slime n Reason tour and he was WEAK.
£13 a ticket for a 40 minute set where his hype man did as much rhyming as he did.
He forgot where he was halfway through 'Witness' (arguably his best known tune) and just didn't bother with the rest of the verse. WEAK.
Arrogant and sloppy performance from a spent force.

Certainly the last time i would willingly see him perform.
I heard a few other people grumbling, but most the crowd seemed happy with his performance - kids, don't do drugs!!!
:mad:

I certainly should have stayed in, would have been a lot cheaper!
Junglewarrior - I saw him 2 years ago and he was really good, which was the reason i went this time, so a real shame he was so lacklustre.
Artists can moan all they like about people downloading their shit, and they only make money from live show etc, but if you're that bad live you don't deserve the money!

eris

Good question Brofski!
I hark back to a time when Busta Rhymes was f*ckin awesome, and now look at the washed up sell out singing with mariah Carey and have to pinch myself to check it's the same guy.
Murs was wicked, got some acclaim and went to shit. Pffft

i saw him in oxford couple weeks ago and he was shite then aswell.. shame cos seen him few years back and his show was tight

I went to this & I wouldn't say he was shite. He wasn't amazing though. Everyone fucked off after witness!
I went to the Coven after & saw Sub Focus anyway so I had a good night ha ha.

i saw him in Preston about a month ago and thought it was the funniest gig ive ever been to!
was almost like stand up in between songs,and all the tunes, including witness, was played to perfection, and all sounding fresh with loads of improvisation.
Best hip hop gig ever. Up there with the gig i saw Ugly Duckling!

Good question Brofski!
I hark back to a time when Busta Rhymes was f*ckin awesome, and now look at the washed up sell out singing with mariah Carey and have to pinch myself to check it's the same guy.
Murs was wicked, got some acclaim and went to shit. Pffft

Compare Eminem's, Jay Z's and Nas', first 2 albums to their latest two, and it's a fine example of MCs going downhill.

Compare Eminem's, Jay Z's and Nas', first 2 albums to their latest two, and it's a fine example of MCs going downhill.

I think its because they get some money then their lifestyle changes then they loose touch with the fans because people cant relate to stuff about spending hundreds of thousands and all that bullshit

i went to the gig at shepards bush empire, and i didnt think that rodney was that bad!! he had been on tour for ages by this point aswell, and he managed to chat to the audience. when he played witness, he told us that he had been told that he couldnt play it by the council, its was funny, when they went on with the song, playing it loud! good times.

did you wee Jimmy Screech when you went? he was awesome!!!! really good tunes, and a really nice guy! he played a song called england, which i really liked. there is a new song too called dubstar. its kind of dub, hip-hop reggae mix, and really catchy and fun.

check him out on myspace,
www.myspace.com/jimscreechofficial

i swaer you'll love it!!

Back
Top Bottom