roomverb, plateverb etcetc

AcidShroom

I talked to a friend who i passed a track i made and he replied to that my reverbs are too much. Well on strings i put 20s decay.....is that too much? for me it sounded like it's adding a nice wide atmospheric effect to it.:D
Secondly, how to verb the drums? I've listened to all of my tracks and 100% dry drums, harsh even ...

Can anyone link me to an article or a tutorial or explain ? i didnt find anything, maybe im toooo dizzy :D

check out the audio advanced tutorial on youtube...plus all this depends on the sound that you are after.

personally i send my drums to a room verb bus with a very short decay and a low cut. i tend to use the same reverb but with longer decay etc for synths and stuff. well the idea that i have is that i want everything to sound like it's being played in the same space. some people use diff reverbs and get interesting results.
end of the day it's all art mate. no right way no wrong way.

Last edited:
I talked to a friend who i passed a track i made and he replied to that my reverbs are too much. Well on strings i put 20s decay.....is that too much? for me it sounded like it's adding a nice wide atmospheric effect to it.:D
Secondly, how to verb the drums? I've listened to all of my tracks and 100% dry drums, harsh even ...

Exactly, if it sounds good do it man. Just try to implement it in a way that will steer from muddying your mix.

sidechaining long reverbs can help to clear up added shit. To be honest you kinda want mute the verb tail when it cant actually be heard. A good way to see if you have too much is to play your track thru little shitty speakers - for some reason it really seems to show up verb errors in a mix for me.

/\ This. It's really fascinating how a mix that sounds like the dog bollock's on a good system can be total shit on the kind of cheapo shit that most people (especially those who are gonna be paying for your tunes) use. And yea, cut the inaudible tails and, idk what kind of parameters are available on your verb unit, but I'd recommend playing around with the high-end diffusion and such other, more subtle parameters.

Back
Top Bottom