room treatment questions

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
Anyone have any suggestions for budget diy bass traps?
Also if one of the corners behind a monitor has a door in it and you leave the door open does that negate the 'corner bass' effect?
How have you treated your room and how much did it cost?

afaik (basically reading a bunch of shit on glearslutz) an open door is a nono as it creates all sorts of weird refelctions

windows COULD act as a bass trap (maybe someone else knows more?)

The proper stuff isnt that expensive, you can get packs of acoustic panels and bass traps on ebay brand new for less than £100.

I thought it was the bass reflections that caused the problem, hence the open door idea. No-one else in the house at the moment (ffffuuuuu life)
Right, time to search online for some panels I guess.

I thought it was the bass reflections that caused the problem, hence the open door idea. No-one else in the house at the moment (ffffuuuuu life)
Right, time to search online for some panels I guess.

It is bro, bass travels much further than mids and highs (12' or 13', can't exactly remember)... Plus with traps, you will get much more accurate mixdowns.. Bass will travel walls and build in corners or even leave the room with a door open. You can make traps fairly easy. There is tons of DIY guides on the net.. Get a few smaller panels to hang on your first reflection points and make or buy some traps for the corners...

Back
Top Bottom